[OldNorth] citizen's arrest

Lyn H. Lofland lhlofland at ucdavis.edu
Mon May 14 12:50:26 PDT 2007

I have noticed him of late doing a bit of "gardening":  watering the
area around the church bench, carrying a pile of greens from the
alley (probably Dan's vine, among other 'tearings' and depositing
them neatly in the front yard of the still-being-constructed Poulos
cottage on 7th.  I have spoken to him when I've passed him sitting on
the bench ("good morning") but he has never responded.   As to what
he was "doing" that led to the arrest, I think Val's question is the
critical one:  was the part of the yard he was in fenced?  Did he
have to go through a gate or climb over a fence or otherwise
seriously trespass in order to get where he was found?     Lyn

--
Lyn H. Lofland
Research Professor

Telephone:  530-756-8699/752-1585