[OldNorth] citizen's arrest

Dan Quickert dequickert at omsoft.com
Mon May 14 12:13:54 PDT 2007

I wouldn't rush to judgement on either side here -

Sheryl's original message said that he was in the yard at 626 D. If one presumes that means the back yard, then he was trespassing - and they have small children.

I've never had any trouble with the arrested person; although a week or so ago, as he went by in the alley he tore some parts of grapevine off that were way out into the alley behind my yard (they did need pruning...) I happened to be hidden by the apricot tree just on the other side, doing some yard work. I shouted out (not knowing yet who was doing it) and then he hurried by with a startled look on his face. Didn't get to see where he ended up with the vines (he took them away); but a few minutes later went out with my dog to find him and neither he nor the pile of vines was found nearby. I had seen him with some fresh brush from somewhere else a few days prior... maybe he was building a shelter somewhere?

Has anyone ever spoken with him?

Dan Quickert
616 D