[DHS Bulletin] Bulletin, Wednesday, 10/15/14

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Tue Oct 14 13:24:25 PDT 2014

Davis Senior High School

Daily Bulletin, Wednesday, October 15, 2014

THIS DAY IN HISTORY:  1984 - The Freedom of Information Act was passed.

LUNCH CHOICES: Daily Express: Italian Meatball Bowl, Roasted Chicken Bowl, BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich, Smoked Turkey

Sandwich, Aggie Sandwich (Vegetarian), Chicken or Beef Burrito, Chicken Teriyaki *** Today's Menu:  Chicken or Beef

Burrito in Guajillo Sauce w/ beans and Spanish rice or Chicken Teriyaki w/ Asian noodles

ATHLETICS:  Field Hockey vs. Lassen                                                                        3:30JV/4:00V      Dismissal: 1:00JV

Girls Golf vs. Grant @ Haggin Oaks                                                                           3:00                        Dismissal: 1:30

Boys Soccer vs. Sheldon                                                                                                3:30V/5:00JV

Girls Tennis @ Pleasant Grove                                                                                   3:45                        Dismissal: 2:15

DHS Girls Basketball will be holding their annual Lady Blue Devil Basketball Camp.  If you are in grades 4th through 8th

and interested in basketball, we'd love to see you out on the courts with us October 25th - 26th from 12:00-4:00.  Please

pick up a flier either in the Front Office or with your PE teacher.  For questions, please email Coach Heather Highshoe at

hjighscho at gmail.com.

TODAY:  Stop by Ms. Swanstrom's room in L-22 today, Wednesday, 10/15 during lunch for Student Forum and discuss

policies at our school.

Come to the Feminism Club meeting today at lunch in O-1, the journalism room.

Hey Key Clubbers! We will hold a meeting today, Wednesday, October 15th in S-12 at lunch.  Stop by for new projects

and food.  This will also be your last chance to register for the semester, so bring $11.50 and a registration form if you

haven't already registered!

Come to Government R.S.J. this Wednesday, October 15th at lunch in Room P-13.  We will provide cake.

Ronald McDonald House Charities Club is meeting today, Wednesday, October 15th at lunch in Room PA-8.  Join us to

make Halloween treat bags for children and see videos about RMHC!

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS:  Today is the last day to sign up for PSAT on Saturday, 10/18.  Online registration will

end at 4:00 pm.  $24.00, no refunds, no exceptions.

SENIORS: The early bird price deadline for senior ads in the yearbook is October 31st.  Pick up and return order forms to

P-21, Mr. Achimore.

SENIORS: Prestige is on campus this week for picture make ups.  If you haven't had your senior portraits taken, please

call Prestige @ 916.844.1227 to schedule your appointment today.  This will be your last opportunity to have your senior

portrait taken on campus.  Information is available on the counter at the Front Desk.  Please see Mrs. Perez with any

questions.  (kperez at djusd.net)

Attention All Clubs!   If you want to have your club photo in the yearbook, pick up a form in Mr. Achimore's room, P-21.

The forms will be accepted on a first come, first served basis and only the best 35 club forms will be accepted.  The last

day for turn-in forms is November 7th.

CLUBS/EVENTS:   If you are interested in Korean culture, the Korean Club is the place for you.   We meet Fridays at lunch

in Room L-14.  We will do lots of fun activities and learn about Korea.  No Korean language required!  Join us in L-14.

It's LGBT History Month!  Did you know that same-sex couples are denied 6,138 federal rights straight couples have?

Hello CSF members! We will be having a meeting on Friday at lunch in Mrs. O'Brien's room, P-13.  We will discuss

upcoming projects and volunteer opportunities.

Come to the DHS Unicycle Club every Thursday at lunch in N-10.  We now have unicycles!

Attention artists! The DHS Car Club needs your help in designing the 2014 - 2015 Car Club t-shirt. Draw a cool car or

whatever you think would look good on our shirt. Submit your design electronically to rthayer at djusd.net or in person to

Mr. Thayer in room O-3. The winner of this year's contest will receive a Car Club t-shirt and a $20 Jamba Juice gift card.

Submissions are due Friday, October 31. For more information, contact Mr. Thayer in room O-3. We can't wait to see

your design!

Where can you meet Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf, Cinderella and her Prince and Jack with his beanstalk?  At DHS

Drama's fall musical, 'Into the Woods' performed on November 7th, 8th, 13th, 14th and 15th at 7:00 in the IPAB!  There will

be another performance on November 9th at 2:00 pm.  Be careful what you wish for!

IMPORTANT DATES:
10/16 -  SECONDARY ARTICULATION DAY - Early Release Schedule - 12:48

10/17 -  ACADEMIC CENTER STUDENT AWARDS - Lunchtime Room L-10

10/17 -  QUARTER 1 ENDS

10/18 -  PSAT

10/24 -  BLOOD DRIVE

11/4    - CAHSEE EXAM - ELA

11/5    - CAHSEE EXAM - Math

11/7    - FRIENDSHIP DAY

11/7, 11/8 - 'INTO THE WOODS-The Musical' 7:00 pm Brunelle Theater

11/8    - SAT

11/9 -   'INTO THE WOODS-The Musical' 2:00 pm Brunelle Theater

11/11-  HOLIDAY - VETERAN'S DAY- NO SCHOOL

11/13, 11/14 - 'INTO THE WOODS-The Musical' 7:00 pm Brunelle Theater

11/14  -  QUARTER 2 ENDS

ARTICULATION SCHEDULE
              10/16/14 & 3/5/15

  Period

   Start

    End

        1

    7:45

     8:26

        3

    8:32

     9:52

    Break

    9:52

     9:56

        5

  10:02

   11:22

        7

   11:28

   12:48

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of federal and/or state laws.