[DHS Bulletin] Bulletin, Tuesday, October 14, 2014

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Mon Oct 13 14:30:37 PDT 2014

Davis Senior High School
Daily Bulletin, Tuesday, October 14, 2014

THIS DAY IN HISTORY:  1947 - Over Rogers Dry Lake in Southern California, pilot Chuck Yeager flew the
Bell X-1 rocket plane and became the first person to break the sound barrier.

LUNCH CHOICES: Daily Express: Italian Meatball Bowl, Roasted Chicken Bowl, BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich,
Smoked Turkey Sandwich, Aggie Sandwich (Vegetarian), Chicken or Beef Burrito, Chicken Teriyaki ***
Today's Menu:  BBQ Chicken w/ macaroni and cheese or Chicken Adobo w/ Asian noodles

ATHLETICS:  Girls Golf vs. Franklin @ The Reserve                             12:00                     Dismissal: 9:30
Girls Volleyball @ Elk Grove                                                                         4:30JV/5:30V      Dismissal: 2:30JV/3:15V
Boys Waterpolo @ Franklin                                                                         4:00

DHS Girls Basketball will be holding their annual Lady Blue Devil Basketball Camp.  If you are in grades
4th through 8th and interested in basketball, we'd love to see you out on the courts with us October
25th - 26th from 12:00-4:00.  Please pick up a flier either in the Front Office or with your PE teacher.  For
questions, please email Coach Heather Highshe at hjighscho at gmail.com.

TODAY:  Are you interested in the U.S. Marines?  If so, come to the Career Center on Tuesday, October
14th at lunch to speak to a representative of the Marines.

Attention LINK Leaders!  Please join us for our next meeting at lunch on Tuesday, October 14th.  If you
are on the Academic Follow-Up Committee for LINK, please meet in Mr. Williams' room, L-22.  If you are
on the Social Follow-Up Committee for LINK, please meet in Ms. Hamrick's room, N-2.  Bring your smile
and positive attitude.  We will see you there!

Interested in French language, culture and food?  Come join us every Tuesday in French Club!  We meet
in Room O-4 at lunchtime.  Not sure where O-4 is?  When facing the South Gym in the quad, turn left
and walk down past the gate and turn right at the gate.

This evening, there will be a presentation entitled : 'Davis Teens Are At Risk' at 6:00-8:00 in the Brunelle
Theater.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS: PSAT registration ends October 15th at 4:00 pm. - NO EXCEPTIONS.
$24.00 -  NO REFUNDS.

SENIORS: The early bird price deadline for senior ads in the yearbook is October 31st.  Pick up and return
order forms to P-21, Mr. Achimore.

SENIORS: Prestige will be on campus next week for picture make ups.  If you haven't had your senior
portraits taken, please call Prestige @ 916.844.1227 to schedule your appointment today.  This will be
your last opportunity to have your senior portrait taken on campus.  Information is available on the
counter at the Front Desk.  Please see Mrs. Perez with any questions.  (kperez at djusd.net)

Attention All Clubs!   If you want to have your club photo in the yearbook, pick yo a form in Mr.
Achimore's room, P-21.  The forms will be accepted on a first come, first served basis and only the best
35 club forms will be accepted.  The last day for turn-in forms is November 7th.

ACADEMICS/CAREERS:  If you want to prepare for the SAT, Kaplan is offering free PSAT cram sessions to
help you prepare for test day.  Come to the Career Center for more information and how to sign up.

CLUBS/EVENTS:
It's LGBT History Month!  Did you know that same-sex couples are denied 6,138 federal rights straight
couples have?
Hey Key Clubbers! We will hold a meeting this Wednesday, October 15th in S-12 at lunch.  Stop by for
new projects and food.  This will also be your last chance to register for the semester, so bring $11.50
and a registration form if you haven't already registered!

Hello CSF members! We will be having a meeting on Friday at lunch in Mrs. O'Brien's room, P-13.  We
will discuss upcoming projects and volunteer opportunities.

Ronald McDonald House Charities Club is meeting on Wednesday, October 15th at lunch in Room PA-8.
 Join us to make Halloween treat bags for children and see videos about RMHC!

Come to Government R.S.J. this Wednesday, October 15th at lunch in Room P-13.  We will provide cake.
Come to the DHS Unicycle Club every Thursday at lunch in N-10.  We now have unicycles!.

Attention artists! The DHS Car Club needs your help in designing the 2014 - 2015 Car Club t-shirt. Draw a
cool car or whatever you think would look good on our shirt. Submit your design electronically to
rthayer at djusd.net or in person to Mr. Thayer in room O-3. The winner of this year's contest will receive
a Car Club t-shirt and a $20 Jamba Juice gift card. Submissions are due Friday, October 31. For more
information, contact Mr. Thayer in room O-3. We can't wait to see your design!

Where can you meet Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf, Cinderella and her Prince and Jack with his
beanstalk?  At DHS Drama's fall musical, 'Into the Woods' performed on November 7th, 8th, 13th, 14th
and 15th at 7:00 in the IPAB!  There will be another performance on November 9th at 2:00 pm.  Be
careful what you wish for!

IMPORTANT DATES:
10/14 -  DAVIS TEENS ARE AT RISK - 6:00-8:00 pm Brunelle Theater
10/16 -  SECONDARY ARTICULATION DAY - Early Release Schedule - 12:48
10/17 -  ACADEMIC CENTER STUDENT AWARDS - Lunchtime Room L-10
10/17 -  QUARTER 1 ENDS
10/18 -  PSAT
10/24 -  BLOOD DRIVE
11/4    - CAHSEE EXAM - ELA
11/5    - CAHSEE EXAM - Math
11/7    - FRIENDSHIP DAY
11/7, 11/8 - 'INTO THE WOODS-The Musical' 7:00 pm Brunelle Theater
11/8    - SAT
11/9 -   'INTO THE WOODS-The Musical' 2:00 pm Brunelle Theater
11/11-  HOLIDAY - VETERAN'S DAY- NO SCHOOL
11/13, 11/14 - 'INTO THE WOODS-The Musical' 7:00 pm Brunelle Theater
11/14  -  QUARTER 2 ENDS

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of federal and/or state laws.