[DHS Bulletin] Bulletin, Monday, 10/13/14

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Fri Oct 10 13:28:11 PDT 2014

Davis Senior High School
Daily Bulletin, Monday, October 13, 2014

THIS DAY IN HISTORY:  1792 - The cornerstone of the Executive Mansion was laid in Washington, DC. The building
became known as the White House in 1818.

LUNCH CHOICES: Daily Express: Italian Meatball Bowl, Roasted Chicken Bowl, BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich, Smoked Turkey
Sandwich, Aggie Sandwich (Vegetarian), Chicken or Beef Burrito, Chicken Teriyaki *** Today's Menu:  Mandarin Orange
Chicken w/ chow mein, fried rice and Spring roll or Chicken Fajita w/ bell peppers and onions, beans and Spanish rice

ATHLETICS:  Field Hockey @ Yuba City                                                     TBD
Girls Tennis vs. Franklin                                                                                 3:45                        Dismissal: 2:45

TODAY:  Do you speak Spanish and enjoy working with elementary students?  If so, come to the Spanish Tutoring Club to
find out more and sign up to tutor.  We meet today, Monday at lunch in S-6!

Want to try your hand at creative writing?  If so, join us in O-1 today, Monday at lunchtime in the Creative Writing Club!

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS: PSAT registration ends October 15th at 4:00 pm. - NO EXCEPTIONS.  $24.00 -  NO
REFUNDS.

SENIORS: Prestige will be on campus next week for picture make ups.  If you haven't had your senior portraits taken,
please call Prestige @ 916.844.1227 to schedule your appointment today.  This will be your last opportunity to have
your senior portrait taken on campus.  Information is available on the counter at the Front Desk.  Please see Mrs. Perez
with any questions.  (kperez at djusd.net)

ACADEMICS/CAREERS:  If you want to prepare for the SAT, Kaplan is offering free PSAT cram sessions to help you
prepare for test day.  Come to the Career Center for more information and how to sign up.
 Do you feel lost in your math or science classes?  Come in for math and science tutoring in S-9 at lunchtime, Monday
through Thursday.  MAST is here to answer all of your math/science questions!

Are you interested in the U.S. Marines?  If so, come to the Career Center on Tuesday, October 14th at lunch to speak to
a representative of the Marines.

CLUBS/EVENTS:  Hey Key Clubbers! We will hold a meeting this Wednesday, October 15th in S-12 at lunch.  Stop by for
new projects and food.  This will also be your last chance to register for the semester, so bring $11.50 and a registration
form if you haven't already registered!

Ronald McDonald House Charities Club is meeting on Wednesday, October 15th at lunch in Room PA-8.  Join us to make
Halloween treat bags for children and see videos about RMHC!

Come to the DHS Unicycle Club every Thursday at lunch in N-10.  We now have unicycles!.

Attention LINK Leaders!  Please join us for our next meeting at lunch on Tuesday, October 14th.  If you are on the
Academic Follow-Up Committee for LINK, please meet in Mr. Williams' room, L-22.  If you are on the Social Follow-Up
Committee for LINK, please meet in Ms. Hamrick's room, N-2.  Bring your smile and positive attitude.  We will see you
there!

Attention artists! The DHS Car Club needs your help in designing the 2014 - 2015 Car Club t-shirt. Draw a cool car or
whatever you think would look good on our shirt. Submit your design electronically to rthayer at djusd.net or in person to
Mr. Thayer in room O-3. The winner of this year's contest will receive a Car Club t-shirt and a $20 Jamba Juice gift card.
Submissions are due Friday, October 31. For more information, contact Mr. Thayer in room O-3. We can't wait to see
your design!

Interested in French language, culture and food?  Come join us every Tuesday in French Club!  We meet in Room O-4 at
lunchtime.  Not sure where O-4 is?  When facing the South Gym in the quad, turn left and walk down past the gate and
turn right at the gate.

Where can you meet Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf, Cinderella and her Prince and Jack with his beanstalk?  At DHS
Drama's fall musical, 'Into the Woods' performed on November 7th, 8th, 13th, 14th and 15th at 7:00 in the IPAB!  There
will be another performance on November 9th at 2:00 pm.  Be careful what you wish for!

IMPORTANT DATES:
10/14 -  DAVIS TEENS ARE AT RISK - 6:00-8:00 pm Brunelle Theater
10/16 -  SECONDARY ARTICULATION DAY - Early Release Schedule
10/17 -  ACADEMIC CENTER STUDENT AWARDS - Lunchtime Room L-10
10/17 -  QUARTER 1 ENDS
10/18 -  PSAT
10/24 -  BLOOD DRIVE
11/4    - CAHSEE EXAM - ELA
11/5    - CAHSEE EXAM - Math
11/7    - FRIENDSHIP DAY
11/7, 11/8 - 'INTO THE WOODS-The Musical' 7:00 pm Brunelle Theater
11/8    - SAT
11/9 -   'INTO THE WOODS-The Musical' 2:00 pm Brunelle Theater
11/11-  HOLIDAY - VETERAN'S DAY- NO SCHOOL
11/13, 11/14 - 'INTO THE WOODS-The Musical' 7:00 pm Brunelle Theater
11/14  -  QUARTER 2 ENDS

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of federal and/or state laws.