[DHS Bulletin] Bulletin 09/20/2010

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Fri Sep 17 15:09:06 PDT 2010

REMINDER

1.	Calling all dancers! It's not too late! Deadline extended!
Due to some confusion and incorrect information, the deadline for the DHS Jazz Choir's dance competition, Blue Devils: You Think You Can Dance? has been extended to Friday, Sept. 24th. Pick up your application in the main office or the Vocal Room (PA-8). It's only $10 to apply. Completed applications can be mailed in or turned in to Mr. Zinn's box in the office.

2.	Hello CSF’ers! We’re nearing that special time of the year again. Where the excitement in the air is so thick you can almost taste it! Yeppers, you guessed it! Fall registration for CSF will be held at lunch in P-13 until Sept 24th. Along with completed registration form available in P-13, the office, please bring $5 and last semester’s report card. Hope to see you there!

SPORTS

 Boys Soccer @ Lincoln		4:00V/5:30JV		Dismissal: 1:30V/3:00JV

COLLEGE VISITS

Mon. 9/20	Portland State University		11:00 am
University of Southern California	1:30 pm
Tues. 9/21	University of Rochester			1:30 pm
Wed. 9/22	St. Mary's College			9:00 am
                		Washington U. in St. Louis		10:00 am
                		University of Chicago			12:00 pm
Thurs. 9/23	Western Oregon University		10:30 am
                		Stanford University			2:40 pm
Fri. 9/24	University of Arizona			9:00 am
                		Drexel University			11:00 am
                		Vassar College				1:30 pm

TODAY

1.	Cafeteria: Farm to school Pizza, chicken and cheese enchiladas with Spanish rice, baked chicken with corn on the cob, teriyaki chicken over rice.

2.	Please come to the German Club on Mondays at noon. Election will be held and this Monday; also on agenda will be planned. Everyone who is interested in German and German culture is welcome!

3.	Are you interested in creative writing? If so, come to the first meeting of the Creative Writing Club, Monday at lunch in room O-1. All levels of ability are welcome. Feel free to bring in a sample of writing to share with the club.

4.	What’s up, what’s up?!?! Do you love to dance? Do people think you’re a good dancer? Then come and tryout for the 2010-2011 Hip-Hop Team! Tryouts are all this week everyday after school, in the MPR. Times will be Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 3:50-5:30 and Wednesday, Thursday at 2:50-5:30.

NEW

1.	Seniors: College Workshop: Join the counselors at lunch time in the old gym on the 22nd and 23rd to learn more about applying to colleges.

2.	Hey seniors! Interested in helping build the Superman Homecoming float? Then come to Mr. Elliotts room L-25 at lunch Wednesday, September 21st for planning and ideas.
3.	Hey Key Clubbers! Are you ready to serve the community? Then be sure to stop by our 2nd general meeting this Wednesday at lunch in S-12 and sign up for awesome upcoming projects. We’ll be discussing membership information, so spread the buzz and bring all your friends. We’ll see all your beautiful faces there!

4.	Kids ages 6-13 are invited to learn cheers, jumps, tumbling and a dance at a cheer clinic hosted by the Davis High School cheerleading squad. The event runs from 1 to 5 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 26, at the Davis High School stadium. The cost is $30 in advance or $35 at the event. Attendees will receive small-group instruction by age, snacks and beverages, and a ticket to the Oct. 1 Davis High School football game. The day includes a performance by the Blue Devil cheerleaders and an end-of-clinic performance by attendees. To learn more or to reserve a spot, contact coach Danielle Eckert at danielle.m.eckert at gmail.com or (619) 733-9874. Information about the team is available at www.dhscheer.org

5.	SUBMIT ARTICLES FOR OCTOBER DHS PTA NEWSLETTER BY Thursday, September 23, is the deadline for submitting information and articles for the October 2010 Davis High School PTA newsletter. Please send news, announcements, etc. to the DHS PTA Media list server at DHSPTAmedia at mailman.dcn.org. Please include your name, your parent's name, e-mail address and phone number in case the newsletter editor has questions about your submission. The newsletter is the ONLY communication tool that reaches ALL DHS families, whether they have Internet access or not. The newsletter is generally available at the beginning of each month. This is a great way to inform, notify or enlist parents' help for upcoming DHS school and student activities.

6.	Hey Operation Smile Members! Don’t forget to come to our meeting on Tuesday at lunch in L-21! We’ll be discussing, upcoming projects and electing club officers! Don’t miss out!

7.	All dancers interested in a DHS Performance Dance Company should meet with Pamela in the dance room at lunch on Wednesday 09/22. Since Intermediate/Advanced dance wasn’t offered this year, let’s see what we can do as a club!!

8.	Are you interested in interacting with other students around the world? Would you like to help those in need? Then come to Cultural Exchange Club this Tuesday during lunch in P-14. We’ll see you there!

CONTINUED

1.	Still looking for a club to join? Well if you’re interested in Japanese Culture then come to the 1st Japanese club meeting of the year on Tuesday, September 21 in room S-6. Hope to see you there!!

2.	Attention sophomores: are you interested in helping design the homecoming float? If so we have a class meeting Tuesday the 21st in L-23, Ms Britton’s room. It will be lots of fun!!