[DHS Bulletin] Bulletin 09/17/2010

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Thu Sep 16 14:33:10 PDT 2010

REMINDER

1.	The DHS Jazz choir announces its first annual dance competition, “Blue Devil, You Think You Can Dance?” on Saturday, October 9, 2010 at the Richard Brunelle Performing Arts Building. Modeled after shows like “So You Think You Can Dance and American Idol, this one night dance competition is open to all DJUSD 10th-12th grade students. Ten contestants will have chance to win one of two cash prizes. Dance may be performed as either a solo or duet piece. Application forms will be available in the DHS office on the Jazz Choir website and in the vocal room PA-08.

2.	Hello CSF’ers! We’re nearing that special time of the year again. Where the excitement in the air is so thick you can almost taste it! Yeppers, you guessed it! Fall registration for CSF will be held at lunch in P-13 until Sept 24th. Along with completed registration form available in P-13, the office, please bring $5 and last semester’s report card. Hope to see you there!

SPORTS

 	Football vs. Will C. Wood @ Will C. Wood		5:15JV/7:30V	Dismissal: 2:45JV only;
Boys Soccer vs. Napa @ Napa				4:00V/5:30JV	Dismissal: 1:45V/3:00JV

COLLEGE VISITS

	Dominican University (San Rafael, CA)		Fri. 9/17		  10:00 a.m.

TODAY

1.	Cafeteria: Farm to school Pizza, chicken patty on bun, chili nachos, fish tacos, mandarin chicken over rice.

2.	There will be an important MSA meeting today in P-10. We will be discussing elections. Everyone is welcome.

3.	Are you good at math and science? Do you enjoy helping people? If so, then become and math and science tutor! Come to our first meeting, on Friday, September 17 during lunch in S-9 for more information.

4.	Hey You!!! Don’t forget about the Hip-Hop Team’s informational meeting today and Friday during lunch in C-3. If you love to dance and want to tryout, then come to the meeting or if you just want to kick it during lunch. We will have snacks.

5.	Interested in joining the environmental club? There is a meeting this Friday in room S-10 at lunch time.

6.	The Gay-Straight Alliance will be meeting this Friday at lunch in the east conference room in the library. It is especially important for members to come as we will be electing officers.

7.	Attention all juniors! Join us in a meeting to plan our homecoming float! Friday at lunch A-5 Mr. Gonzalez’s room. There will be free food so don’t miss out!

NEW

1.	Please come to the German Club on Mondays at noon. Election will be held and this Monday; also on agenda will be planned. Everyone who is interested in German and German culture is welcome!

2.	Attention sophomores: are you interested in helping design the homecoming float? If so we have a class meeting Tuesday the 21st in L-23, Ms Britton’s room. It will be lots of fun!!1

3.	Hey seniors! Interested in helping build the Superman Homecoming float? Then come to Mr. Elliotts room L-25 at lunch Wednesday, September 21st for planning and ideas.

4.	Still looking for a club to join? Well if you’re interested in Japanese Culture then come to the 1st Japanese club meeting of the year on Tuesday, September 21 in room S-6. Hope to see you there!!

5.	If you are turning 18 this year, please email the yearbook staff at yrbk2011 at yahoo.com

CONTINUED

1.	Greetings loved ones let’s take a journey….in your convertible! If you have a convertible and are interested in driving in the homecoming parade come to C-4 during 4th period or talk to Mr. Morgan!

2.	Are you interested in creative writing? If so, come to the first meeting of the Creative Writing Club, Monday at lunch in room O-1. All levels of ability are welcome. Feel free to bring in a sample of writing to share with the club.