[DHS Bulletin] 09/15/2010 Bulletin

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Tue Sep 14 15:19:25 PDT 2010

REMINDER

1.	Hey You!!! Don’t forget about the Hip-Hop Team’s informational meeting today and Friday during lunch in C-3. If you love to dance and want to tryout, then come to the meeting or if you just want to kick it during lunch. We will have snacks.

2.	Hello CSF’ers! We’re nearing that special time of the year again. Where the excitement in the air is so thick you can almost taste it! Yeppers, you guessed it! Fall registration for CSF will be held at lunch in P-13 from Sept 13th to Sept 24th. Along with completed registration form available in P-13, the office, please bring $5 and last semester’s report card. Hope to see you there!

SPORTS

   	Cross Country DVC Center Meet DHS		3:30			Dismissal: TBA;
Field Hockey vs. Bella Vista @ Bella Vista	3:30JV/4:30V		Dismissal: 1:15JV/2:15V;
Boys Soccer vs. Del Oro @ DHS		4:00V/5:30JV		Dismissal: 3:00V;
Boys Water Polo vs. Granite Bay @ DHS	3:45			Dismissal: 2:15

COLLEGE VISITS

	William Jessup University (Rocklin, CA)	Wed. 9/15		  9:00 a.m.;
Dominican University (San Rafael, CA)		Fri. 9/17		  10:00 a.m.

TODAY

1.	Cafeteria: Farm to school pizza, chicken or veggie chow mein, turkey egg rolls with fried rice, sushi.

2.	DHS Back to School Night. Please come to Davis Senior High schools Back to School Night on Wednesday, September 15, 2010. There will be a general program for all parents in the North Gym at 7:00pm. Following this program you will be asked to attend classes according to your students’ schedule. Student Government is sponsoring a BBQ starting at 6pm on the quad. Discarded library and textbook materials that are obsolete or damaged and have been retired from student use are available to the general public at this event.

3.	Looking for volunteer opportunities? Want to meet new people by participating in awesome international projects? Then join us Wednesday, September 15th at 3:45pm at the AYSO building (between community pool and the tennis courts) for the Davis Interact Club’s first general meeting! Sponsored by Rotary International, Interacts clubs have been servicing our community locally and internationally for over 50 years! Now stop lying on the couch and watching TV, it’s time to interact.

4.	Hey Debaters! There will be a meeting this Wednesday in room S-7 after school at 2:30. Make sure you attend!

5.	Attention Blue Devils: Interested in volunteering at the DHS Hall of Fame Dinner on September 25? Then stop by
	C-4 on Wednesday at lunch for an informational meeting and free pizza! Go Big Blue!

NEW

1.	Interested in joining the environmental club? There is a meeting this Friday in room S-10.

2.	Greetings loved ones let’s take a journey….in your convertible! If you have a convertible and are interested in driving in the homecoming parade come to C-4 during 4th period or talk to Mr. Morgan!

3.	Do you play a sport? Or do you love living a healthy and active lifestyle? Then join the Healthy Lifestyle Club, a club that’s goal is to promote eating right and exercising to elementary students and the rest of the community! An informational meeting will be held this Wednesday at lunch in N-11! There will be lots of free food at every meeting!

4.	Do you enjoy math? If so come to Mu Alpha Theta’s first meeting this Thursday, September 16 in N-5!

5.	Bonjour! The DHS French Club is back! If you enjoy the French language or learning culture, stop by today or next Tuesday to join! We host numerous events and everyone is welcome!

6.	Caw, caw, caw!!! We are caw-ling you to Friendship Day! If you want to caw-ome, you need to turn in your application in by Thursday to the basket in the front office. We can’t wait to chill with you at the Krusty Kab AKA the Redwood Building! Peace out!!!

7.	Attention all juniors! Join us in a meeting to plan our homecoming float! Friday at lunch A-5 Mr. Gonzalez’s room. There will be free food so don’t miss out!

CONTINUED

1.	Are you good at math and science? Do you enjoy helping people? If so, then become and math and science tutor! Come to our first meeting, on Friday, September 17 during lunch in S-9 for more information.

2.	Attention all snowboarders. The Davis High snowboard team is a co-ed team that has a lot of fun riding and racing together. 9th-12th graders are welcome. There will be an information meeting for all interested students and parents on Thursday, September 16th at 7:00 PM in the high school MPR.

3.	Many people have been asking, "Are they still doing oil changes in the Auto Shop?" The Davis High School Oil Change Program is open for business! Get your oil changed on campus at the Auto Shop in most cases for under $25! Make an appointment for your car, truck or SUV! We are now in our third year of service. We use only high quality oil change products, and will treat your vehicle with the utmost care and respect. All work is personally supervised by the instructor. You will receive a receipt for your donation and a window sticker to remind you of your next oil change! Getting your oil changed on campus is: affordable, convenient and....supports a great cause, the automotive technology students of Davis High!! Davis High School Auto Shop, Davis Senior High School at 530-757-5400 ext. 100 or at rthayer at djusd.net