[DHS Bulletin] Bulletin 09/14/2010

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Mon Sep 13 14:53:27 PDT 2010

REMINDER

1.	DHS Back to School Night. Please come to Davis Senior High schools Back to School Night on Wednesday, September 15, 2010. There will be a general program for all parents in the North Gym at 7:00pm. Following this program you will be asked to attend classes according to your students’ schedule. Student Government is sponsoring a BBQ starting at 6pm on the quad. Discarded library and textbook materials that are obsolete or damaged and have been retired from student use are available to the general public at this event.

2.	Hello CSF’ers! We’re nearing that special time of the year again. Where the excitement in the air is so thick you can almost taste it! Yeppers, you guessed it! Fall registration for CSF will be held at lunch in P-13 from Sept 13th to Sept 24th. Along with completed registration form available in P-13, the office, please bring $5 and last semester’s report card. Hope to see you there!

3.	So you think you can dance? Well then come try out for the Davis High Hip-Hop team. Tryouts are going on this week after school on Tuesday and Friday from 3:40-5:30 and Wednesday and Thursday from 2:40-5:30. Hope to see you there!!!

SPORTS

Field Hockey vs. Berkeley @ Berkeley		3:30V/4:30JV		Dismissal: 1:15V/2:00JV;
Girls Tennis vs. Del Oro @ DHS		3:30;
Girls Volleyball vs. Nevada Union @ DHS	4:00F/5:00JV/6:00V

COLLEGE VISITS

	Nagoya University (Japan)			Tues. 9/14		  1:45 p.m.;
	William Jessup University (Rocklin, CA)	Wed. 9/15		  9:00 a.m.;
Dominican University (San Rafael, CA)		Fri. 9/17		  10:00 a.m.

TODAY

1.	Cafeteria: Farm to school pizza, beef dippers with rice, stuffed pasta shells with red sauce, popcorn chicken w/mashed potatoes and corn.

2.	Every year tens of thousands of children in the world are born with cleft palates. They are often rejected, humiliated and abused by other children in their schools. In hopes of bring back their smiles again, Operation Smile sends thousands of plastic surgeons to these children each year. Wondering how you can contribute to this amazing program? Then come to our first general meeting the Tuesday at lunch in L-21 to learn more about Operation Smile Club. We will have cookies!!

3.	Pictures are in everyone. If you ordered them when you registered please come to front office at LUNCH TIME ONLY to pick them up.

NEW

1.	Caw, caw, caw!!! We are caw-ling you to Friendship Day! If you want to caw-ome, you need to turn in your application in by Thursday to the basket in the front office. We can’t wait to chill with you at the Krusty Kab AKA the Redwood Building! Peace out!!!

2.	Looking for volunteer opportunities? Want to meet new people by participating in awesome international projects? Then join us Wednesday, September 15th at 3:45pm at the AYSO building (between community pool and the tennis courts) for the Davis Interact Club’s first general meeting! Sponsored by Rotary International, Interacts clubs have been servicing our community locally and internationally for over 50 years! Now stop lying on the couchand watching TV, it’s time to interact.

3.	Hey Debaters! There will be a meeting this Wednesday in room S-7 after school at 2:30. Make sure you attend!

4.	Do you enjoy math? If so come to Mu Alpha Theta’s first meeting this Thursday, September 16 in N-5!

5.	Bonjour! The DHS French Club is back! If you enjoy the French language or learning culture, stop by today or next Tuesday to join! We host numerous events and everyone is welcome!

6.	Hey DHS students: if you’re turning 18 before January or are already 18 please email the yearbook staff at yrbk2011 at yahoo.com and tell us what you plan on doing to celebrate. This can include getting tattoos, moving out, getting a car or having a party!

7.	The DHS Jazz choir announces its first annual dance competition, “Blue Devil, You Think You Can Dance?” on Saturday, October 9, 2010 at the Richard Brunelle Performing Arts Building. Modeled after shows like “So You Think You Can Dance and American Idol, thin one night dance competition is open to all DJUSD 10th-12th grade students. Ten contestants will have chance to win one of two cash prizes. Dance may be performed as either a solo or duet piece. Application forms will be available in the DHS office on the Jazz Choir website and in the vocal room PA-08. Applications must be received on or before Wednesday, September 15th along with a$100 application fee.

8.	Attention Blue Devils: Interested in volunteering at the DHS Hall of Fame Dinner on September 25? Then stop by
	C-4 on Wednesday at lunch for an informational meeting and free pizza! Go Big Blue!

9.	Attention all juniors! Join us in a meeting to plan our homecoming float! Friday at lunch A-5 Mr. Gonzalez’s room. There will be free food so don’t miss out!

CONTINUED

1.	Are you good at math and science? Do you enjoy helping people? If so, then become and math and science tutor! Come to our first meeting, on Friday, September 17 during lunch in S-9 for more information.

2.	Attention all snowboarders. The Davis High snowboard team is a co-ed team that has a lot of fun riding and racing together. 9th-12th graders are welcome. There will be an information meeting for all interested students and parents on Thursday, September 16th at 7:00 PM in the high school MPR.

3.	Many people have been asking, "Are they still doing oil changes in the Auto Shop?" The Davis High School Oil Change Program is open for business! Get your oil changed on campus at the Auto Shop in most cases for under $25! Make an appointment for your car, truck or SUV! We are now in our third year of service. We use only high quality oil change products, and will treat your vehicle with the utmost care and respect. All work is personally supervised by the instructor. You will receive a receipt for your donation and a window sticker to remind you of your next oil change! Getting your oil changed on campus is: affordable, convenient and....supports a great cause, the automotive technology students of Davis High!! Davis High School Auto Shop, Davis Senior High School at 530-757-5400 ext. 100 or at rthayer at djusd.net