[Dhsbb-jazz] DHS bands trip May 2020, an item to consider

Cynthia Kerner cjkerner at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 15 08:25:35 PDT 2019

Hi Band sophomores and juniors:
Next year our annual band trip will be to celebrate Victoria Day in Victoria, BC, with performances during the festival and around Victoria.  The dates are tentatively Thursday May 14 (hopefully leaving after school) to Tuesday May 19, 2020.  These are not arbitrary dates chosen by boosters, they center around Victoria Day which next year is on Monday May 18.  And we usually have a music clinic (such as at University of Washington), which is much easier to schedule on a Friday.  We will be determining many more details to follow, but we have a question to ask you:
Usually Victoria Day falls after AP tests are done.  However, next year the dates just happen to not align well, and there are still AP exams happening that Thursday and Friday.  The current 2020 AP schedule for those days are:

Thursday,
May 14, 2020

Comparative Government and Politics

World History: Modern

Italian Language and Culture

Macroeconomics

Friday,
May 15, 2020

Computer Science Principles

French Language and Culture

Statistics

The subjects in the left column are at 8 AM, the right column at 12 pm.
So here's the question: are there any students who are considering taking any of these tests next year?  And if so, which ones?
Please know that even if you do plan to take the test(s), we would still make every effort, on a case by case basis, to get you up north to join the band.

None of this is set in stone, this is just a query.
Having said that, we are currently working very hard to secure hotel and performance/clinic opportunities already, since we must do this at least one year in advance.
Thanks for your prompt reply,
Cynthia