[Dhsbb-jazz] DHS Band Boosters Quick Update from last mtg.

Horn, John A john.a.horn at intel.com
Tue Jun 7 15:38:35 PDT 2016

Good Afternoon Band Boosters!

Just wanted to give a quick update, something I should have done last week.
I will send the June Meeting minutes in several days, but wanted to get some quick highlights out there for everyone to see.

First, we have amended the DHS Band Booster By-Laws with the following items:

1.       We have removed all references to "Student Accounting" and the process of allocating credits for student work done.   This was stopped several years ago and just needed to be officially updated.

2.       We have aligned the Band Booster Officer's term of office to be until the end of June, and the new officers will take over on July 1st.  This allows time to wrap things up for the year as well as training time for the new officers.  It also plugs the gap that can occur when a parent of an incoming Sophomore wants to be an officer the following year.

Second, I'd like to announce your 2016-1017 school year Band Booster Officers.   CONGRATULATIONS!!

                President:  Robert Sprague
                Vice President:  Connie Belk
                Treasurer:  Ron Mikalson
                Secretary:  Sherri Goss

Thanks you guys for stepping up to help run the organization next year!    It is very much appreciated!
For everyone else, I'd like to request that every band parent help with at least one item next year.
We have about 260+ parent figures associated with our students.  If everyone did at least one thing, that would be 260 less things that the same core set of people have to do.
Also, so of you have or can make enough bandwidth to help a bit more, and be a member of a committee.
There are a lot if things needed to keep this running and help out the band program at DHS.  Let's keep it going!!
I'll be sending out a list of those positions that need some help next year.
There will be lots of opportunities to bring cookies or items to a concert, or help with an event.  Please join in, and do at least one item.   Your kids deserve that!

So over the next several weeks, our current officers will be wrapping up the items from this past year, and helping to make the transition as smooth as possible.

Another big THANKS & CONGRATULATIONS, to Robert, Connie, Ron & Sherri for stepping in to help out next year.  Everyone should thank them and ask how you can help them.

There will be some more communications on these topics coming shortly.

Cheers,
~JAH

John A. Horn
DHS Band Booster President (Outgoing :) ).
(916) 804-5017