[Dhsbb-jazz] DHS Band Booster - May Minutes for approval tonight.

Horn, John A john.a.horn at intel.com
Wed Jun 1 17:51:36 PDT 2016

May 16, 2016 - May'16 Band Booster Meeting Minutes

Darlene moved & Wes  seconded to approve the April minutes, minutes approved..

Directors update -

Senior Concert last night - it was great.  All the seniors from all bands were there.  Very neat to see where everyone is headed in the next stage of their lives.

Saturday is the festival of the arts in the park

Begin at 10 am , with all city, then the jr hs's

12:20=3;00 performance

There is a 30% chance of rain,, Friday & Saturday.

Will make a call by 3pom on Friday.

We will watch the weather.

Everyone is pitching in to help with equipment.

DHS needs to bring 30 music stands, load up at 9am.

Blue polos & jeans or shorts.

Will play the 4 songs from combined band program last night.

We will be pitching in for busses and pizza.

Spring trip - coming up fast - more on that later in the meeting.

Jazz on a Summer's Eve- planned to be our last Jazz Band concert of the year.

Will try to have the jazz band play on a wed in combos.

May 19th  - state capitol for the symphonic band.  Day of music education advocacy for the state of california.  We are performing a concert, not making a political statement.  Students will be away from about 9am to 1pm.

Will need 5-8 chaperones.

Reno - two of our combos placed in a very tough division.

Good trip.

JAH - finalize the Jazz Band end of year get together.

Coconut grove update (Phil) - Phil gave a detailed update on Coconut Grove.  The two days was about a wash monetarily.  But it was easier to fit in the additional bands.

List of donors needed for the next programs.

Total pulled in was about $12k

Total attendance was down.  Don't think we had as many Junior HS come.

Net was about $8900.

The two day event worked well.

Do need to start earlier.   Need someone to do the auction site.

Pot Luck in May/June- Diane Layman looking into this.

Ended at 9:00pm.