[Dhsbb-jazz] Coconut Grove Is Coming. Make Your Reservations! Contribute By Sponsor...

Wesley Young wryoung at ucdavis.edu
Fri Feb 20 17:21:23 PST 2015

Dear DHS Band Boosters, Families & Friends,
The biggest fundraiser for our DHS band program,  Coconut Grove, is coming up quickly.... March 7th, 2014!  Coconut Grove is a great dinner show, featuring our Davis JR High Jazz Bands, Celia Cottle's J-Street Jazzcats, Sax-By-Popular-Demand, the DHS Jazz Band and more.
Please make your reservation now on our Coconut Grove website:  www.charityauctionorganizer.com/auction/coconutgrove2015<http://www.charityauctionorganizer.com/auction/coconutgrove2015>.  You can even purchase your raffle tickets early!
If you can't go to the show, but still want to help with your children's band program, you can purchase raffle tickets, or bid on selected auction items on the website www.charityauctionorganizer.com/auction/coconutgrove2015.  We'll send another email when auction items are available for bid online.

We encourage every band family, even those that aren't coming to the event, to contribute to our success through family sponsorships, corporate sponsorships, or donation of auction items. Sponsorships can be made through the website.  Family sponsorships will be recognized on the program.  Corporate sponsorships will be acknowledged in several ways:

*         company logo printed on program;
*         company information featured on illuminated reader board at the event; and
*         verbal announcement at the event.

Corporate sponsorships can also be requested using the attached letter.

If many families contribute an auction donation, we would be set to have a really successful auction.  The donation can come from you, your work, or somewhere you frequent to get your car fixed or hair done.  Just compliment the business and ask for a donation.  Please present the attached letter when asking for a donation.  All auction item donations should be dropped off or mailed to Jennifer Tan's house, or they may email her at thetanfamily at msn.com for her to pick up the donation. Her address and email are on the donation sheet.  Donations are due by 2/27.  Auction donors will be acknowledged with their name placed next to the auction item and also in the auction catalog.

Can't think of what to donate to the auction?  Here are some ideas for auction items:
*         Weekend at a vacation cabin
*         Service (music lesson, haircut,  etc.)
*         Host a party (wine tasting, poker game, monopoly night, 80's dancing, etc.)
*         Lead a bike ride or hike
*         Offer to make a cake, dinner, cookies at a later date
*         Gift cards
*         Memberships
*         Gift baskets
*         Bottle of wine can be put into one of our "wine cellars"

This event sells out every year, so you may want to reserve a spot early!

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Sandra Bachand at Sandrabachand at gmail.com or Philip Bachand Philip.bachand at tetratech.com.

Hope to see you there.

Thank you,
The Coconut Grove Gang