[Dhsbb-jazz] Fwd: Davis Senior HS Advanced 11:20am Atherton

tslabaugh at djusd.net tslabaugh at djusd.net
Sat Dec 6 17:37:21 PST 2014

Hi all,

I am forwarding you the link to the judges comments from today's performance. I am happy with your performance and believe you should be as well. Please don't take the comments too critically, but use them as another resource for your own individual growth.

For those who don't know, our scores were 91, 91, and 94. This averages to a 92 for our final score. I don't know how this translates in a placing, but it is a "Superior" rating and we need this in order to apply to the Monterey Jazz Festival. Again, don't get too hung up on scores as they are extremely subjective and without a rubric guide. Just know that we achieved the overall rating that opens a door for applying to Monterey.

Monday and Tuesday will be focused on holiday music for the Tuesday concert. Thursday and Friday, we will focus on one or two of the new Ellington charts. Remember that the festival on Saturday at CSUS in non competitive. As such, we will focus on performing one song great and using the rest of our time for an open clinic on the Ellington charts. It will be nice to work with another clinician on this music.

Again, great job today! I truly enjoyed myself and hope you did as well!

Mr. S

Begin forwarded message: