[1st-mile-nm] Intro and pole attachment question

John Brown john at citylinkfiber.com
Tue Dec 15 14:02:24 PST 2020

Hi,

NM is way behind in pole attachment support.  There have and continue
to be issues.
The challenge that will exist in getting specifics from people is that
the pole owners require that
prospective attachers and current attachers must execute a NDA that
basically prohibits them from sharing or discussing
details or problems.

I suspect that such NDA may be worked around by proper legal /
regulatory  process ;) ;)

In general I believe that NM should have a state level pole attachment
process / rules.

Also, NM should have a one stop shop RoW ("Franchise") process, much
like the CLEC process.
As it sits today a provider that wants to make use of RoW would have
to negotiate more than 200 agreements across the state.
Just in the ABQ Metroplex
    City of ABQ
    City of Rio Rancho
    Town of Bernalillo
    Village of Placitas
    Village of Los Ranchos
    County of Bernalillo
    County of Sandoval
    State of New Mexico  (NM DOT)
    US Federal Gov, (sometimes they pass the buck to NM DOT)

Thats 8 NM based entities, each with their own internal and public
facing processes.

Happy to discuss off-list as well

--
Respectfully,

John Brown, CISSP
Managing Member, CityLink Telecommunications NM, LLC