[1st-mile-nm] NYC accelerates Internet Master Plan | Smart Cities Dive

Richard Lowenberg rl at 1st-mile.org
Tue Jul 14 09:26:25 PDT 2020

On 2020-07-14 06:24, Trey Scarborough wrote:
> No not simple at all not in NY.

Not sure why the NYC Gig Broadband Planning process is
relevant to this NM area list, though some of us may be
interested.

Briefly, my sense is that this planning and deployment
process has many additional steps and mis-steps to go through.
With over half of the announced funds coming from defunding of
law enforcement, along with the opportunity to build out new
smart city 5G wireless, I expect that public housing facilities
will be outfitted with the latest in ubiquitous networked video
surveillance and sensing systems along with digital divide
bridging apps.

Stay tuned.  Stay healthy.  Stay informed.
RL