[1st-mile-nm] Hiring: Technology and Network Coordinator at UNM

Marianne Granoff granoff at zianet.com
Fri Sep 18 12:08:31 PDT 2009

I have refrained from joining this discussion, but now I think I
must.  UNM offers a few perks that many/most commercial companies don't:

lots of paid vacation upon starting.
free tuition for UNM classes, dependents get free tuition after
employee has completed first year of work.
good health insurance.
reasonable parking.
full-time work with full benefits and stability.
opportunities for advancement.
interesting and challenging work
current equipment
pleasant and interesting with which to work
excellent retirement plan

How many commercial companies compare with that these days?
When was the last time you folks looked for a job in Albuquerque?

My two cents.

Marianne