[1st-mile-nm] Conduit

Steve Ross editorsteve at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 15:42:30 PDT 2008

Hi, Andrew,

I have some sample local laws around here somewhere. Let me
try to find them.

I have it in my head that Boston requires it -- but it may
only be "leans on with prejudice." the Big Dig included new
ducts, and it was designed almost 20 years ago, BTW.

NYC requires it for Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island.

We've written about these things more in Europe, where major
cities do not allow street openings more than once a decade
in key corridors. This is why emtelle and other
fiber-blowing outfits started there. I'm cc'ing Tibor at
emtelle.

Steven S. Ross
Editor-in-Chief
Broadband Properties