[1st-mile-nm] Meet Copowi, the world's first ISP to guarantee network neutrality: Page 1

John Brown john at citylinkfiber.com
Mon May 26 12:30:20 PDT 2008

> Normally this B rule applies and yes I know there are exceptions
>
> Tier 1 suppliers service cost $X and so they sell it to Tier 2 at $X+
> Tier 2 suppliers service cost $X+ and so they sell it to Tier 2 at $X++
>
> Thats why when I hear the rhetoric from a pure Tier 3 supplier (
> Azulstar - Sandoval County Broadband and others  ) that they can supply
> FULL service service at 1/10 of $X I just roll over and laugh keeping
> both hands in my pocket.

Depends on if they are applying an over-subscription ratio to their cost
/pricing models.

Most ISP's that I'm aware of oversubscribe their edge (customer facing)
vs their backbone by at least 10:1.  Meaning they will "sell 10x" the
amount of bandwidth they are buying from transit providers.  DSL has
been oversubscribed by as much as 80:1 by some providers.

Thats how an ISP attempts to generate positive cash out of the transaction.