[OldNorth] -- Rental housing permits etc

Scott Lay scott at scottlay.com
Sat Jan 9 05:25:53 PST 2010

I agree that the exclusion of rooms/units rented in owner occupied houses
makes sense.  If the owner lives on site, there are rarely problems and, if
there are, the owner is, well on-site.  So, I would recommend that, as long
as the owner lives X% of the year on site, they be excluded.  The other
issues is sabbatical rentals, which shouldn't trigger a business license
requirement, but could require notification and contact information of where
folks are going to be.

Aside from loud and unruly gatherings, I would just like the database to be
able to call the owners when the grass gets three feet high or the lawn is
turned into a parking lot.  Both are nuisance issues for which complaints
can be filed with the city leading to fines, but our city has better things
to do and the owners can fix it by calling their tenants.

Scott