[OldNorth] -- Rental housing permits etc

Dan Quickert dequickert at omsoft.com
Sat Jan 9 03:48:37 PST 2010

There's something fishy about this: it's called a "Rental Housing Safety Ordinance" yet most of it addresses "loud  and unruly gatherings".

The latter is a real issue; but the only connection to rental safety and licensing seems to be the ability to find the owner in the rental database. Did I miss something?

I have a definite concern about the inclusion of rooms rented in a private residence. So when Grandma needs a little help or companionship, and rents out the spare room, she'll need to get a business license and pay a tax?

I would like to see single rooms in owner-occupied homes excluded from this - unless there is a compelling reason for their inclusion?

Dan Quickert
(530) 304-7780