[OldNorth] New Trash Cans

Valerie Vann valerie at vanngroup.com
Mon Oct 18 13:12:19 PDT 2004

The new trash cans just arrived on my block. A crew unloaded most of
the block's allotment in my driveway and proceeded to assemble them,
then distributed them up and down the block onto the front entry
sidewalks.

This was just the main 95 gal. cans, no recycle cans yet.

The cans are bigger than I remembered from our meeting with DWR.
I'll probably ask to downsize to a 65 gallon one.

They're awkward to handle empty, kind of tricky to tilt back onto
the two wheels, so I just shoved mine along to where I expect to
keep it, which is on the side of the house. It is visible from the
sidewalk, but like most of ON, I don't have a lot of options.

I expect an elderly or small person might have quite a hard time
getting a loaded one out into the gutter over our vertical curbs
if they don't have a driveway themselves or one close.

Val
----
Valerie Vann
valerie at vanngroup.com