[OldNorth] Trash Pick-up & Alleys

Valerie Vann valerie at vanngroup.com
Tue Sep 14 11:39:45 PDT 2004

Bruce,

Suggest you omit the 600 blocks of G and F from distribution.

There may be an exception for the 4 units at 641
(two in front, two on the alley); I don't know
what their status is; they do keep their 6-8 cans on
the alley in a "shelter". Maybe the truck just backs into
the alley a short way. But the way the cans are stored
won't work with the new trucks because they're stored
close together.

All the rest of us keep our cans on the
sides of the lot toward the front since
these blocks have had on street pickup for
about 10 years (or whenever the alley paving issue was,
which is when we got kicked off the alley.)

The end lots put theirs out on 6th or 7th Street near
the alley entrances.

I can't imagine DWR consenting to return these blocks
that have long since made the change to alley pickup.

Also, most of the 500 Block of F has long put theirs
out front on street since their alley was paved,
though the bus stops will present something of a challenge,
as these units now put the cans
on the planting strip, NOT in the street as will
now be necessary.

I wonder if DWR and the bus companies talk to each
other..

Val
----
Valerie Vann