[OldNorth] Update on 530 F Street Project

Wrye Sententia wrye at cognitiveliberty.org
Fri Dec 19 11:51:27 PST 2003

Re: [OldNorth] 530 F StreetFYI--

The proposed project at 530 F street was "denied without prejudice" by the
city Planning Commission at their Wed. Dec. 17th meeting and we're happy
about that.  From what I understand, this now means that the applicant can
either return to the Commission with revised plans (ie, a one-story building
that doesn't block as much skyline or sun); or can appeal their application
with the City Council to go ahead as they have proposed.  I'm not sure what
the timeline is on this, or what recourse there is for further objection
(should the owner stick to her plan to build a 1200sq. ft. 2-story, second
house on her lot.).

I assume there's no Old North meeting for Dec. 25th, but would be interested
if anyone has input on what the procedure is in this case.  The real issue,
is the zoning of the Fst block as "R-2" rather than "R-1" as, from what I
understand, the old north community desired, but was told was
"inconsequential" in the revised zoning debates.  Now, because of a loop
hole in the zoning, the proposed project may be pushed through.

happy holidays to one and all!

Wrye Sententia
704 6th Street
753-9662