[OldNorth] council agenda for Tues.

John Lofland jflofland at ucdavis.edu
Sun Dec 14 14:04:46 PST 2003

Dan,

We only need to change Mike Harrington's vote to stop the measure.

We have very good grounds to say that the implications were not
understood until Puntillo made  the densification claim, which is
denied by the Planning Department.

At the very least, the process should be stopped until we get a clear
reading on who is right: Puntillo or the Planning Department?

And there is the broader perspective put forth in my daft op-ed sent
to you earlier today: What density do we want in the Old North? No
one has as yet really thought about an answer to that question. And,
we should answer it before embarking on zoning changes, one can say.
We might decide that 7,000 people per square mile is already close to
the proper density, being right up there with some major cities.

John