[OldNorth] FW: misc info

Andrew P. Wallace ap_wallace at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 19:15:51 PST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: John Lofland [mailto:jflofland at ucdavis.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 3:34 PM
To: angela; Bruce; Dennis Dingemans; Ian; Steve & Tracy Marshall; Dan
Quickert; Andrew P. Wallace; Andrew P. Wallace
Subject: Re: misc info

Angela,

BRAVO your remarks below! You help give me a little more faith. I had
begun to lose all hope in the potential of citizen action. The
officials are smart, well paid, and work hard and without conscience
in getting their way--which is often not the way we would prefer.

The problem with the R2 matter is that its complicated. I am guilty
of being quiet about it because I have not applied myself to get an
adequate understanding of it.

Thank god for Peter. He is a man of great courage and vision that
must be taken way more seriously than he has been.

I am prepared to read the R2 report, to try to master it and to show
up at the Council next week if at last three or four other people
will do so.

Peter, Angela and I make three. Could we have at least a couple of
more volunteers? Five is all it really takes to make a big impression.

John

P.S. the R2 report can be downloaded from the City website at the
Council agenda packet. Hard copies are at Kinkos and the Fourthteenth
street library, among other places.