[env-trinity] There's a new post at KlamBlog about HVT FERC petition

Tom Stokely tstokely at att.net
Mon May 28 12:18:34 PDT 2012

All,

This is an interesting development in the saga of Pacificorp's Klamath Hydroelectric Project.

TS

From: Felice Pace <unofelice at gmail.com>
Date: May 27, 2012 2:10:50 PM PDT
To: undisclosed recipients <unofelice at gmail.com>
Bcc: tstokely at att.net
Subject: There's a new post at KlamBlog

The new post is titled:

        Hoopa Valley Tribe moves to kill the KHSA Dam Deal: Tribe petitions FERC to reassert  jurisdiction

This post discusses the petition which the HVT filed on May 25th asking the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to reassert jurisdiction over PacifiCorp's Klamath Hydroelectric Project and for FERC to either relicense the Project with new terms and conditions or order PacifiCorp to remove the facilities it owns from the Klamath River.

Here's an excerpt:

             It is clear that the Obama Administration's Interior Department wants the KHSA to proceed. They need the Dam Deal in order to carry the most controversial provisions of the KBRA Water Deal. If FERC reasserts jurisdiction over the fate of PacifiCorp’s dams, the KBRA can proceed - but it will be unlikely to secure the Congressional mandates and funding its promoters desire.
             The two deals have been artificially joined for purely political purposes.  The only thing they have in common is that both are at their core special interest deals for the 1% at the expense of the 99%.

A copy of the HVT petition is included in the post because it is not yet available on line.

Read the full post and leave a comment at KlamBlog.

Felice Pace
Klamath, CA 95548
707-954-6588

"we must always seek the truth in our opponents' error and the error in our own truth."

                                                                                               - Reinhold Niebuhr