[DHS Bulletin] Davis Senior High Daily Bulletin 09-16-2021

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at mailman.dcn.org
Wed Sep 15 15:37:18 PDT 2021

DAVIS SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
September 16, 2021

THIS DAY IN HISTORY: 1994 - Two astronauts from the space shuttle Discovery went on the first untethered spacewalk in 10 years.

ATHLETICS: If you would like information on athletics please visit https://dshs.djusd.net/athletics
GAMES:
Girls Tennis @ Elk Grove, 3:45V                                 Dismissal 2:00V

PSAT/SAT Testing update Thank you for your interest in taking the School Day SAT at DSHS on Wed October 13th. Due to volume of responses, we are unable to take any more applicants. We are working diligently to accommodate all students who have signed up to date. Communication will go out to these students to confirm their spots and how to pay if they have not. If you are still looking to take the SAT, please contact College Board on opportunities available at other sites. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience and understanding with this matter. While we are problem solving, please fill out this form to be added to our wait list https://forms.gle/SdcBhhYFJgQKJRX99
Thank you for your interest in taking the School Day PSAT at DSHS on Wed October 13th . Due to volume of responses, we are unable to take any more applicants. We are working diligently to accommodate all students who have signed up to date. Communication will go out to these students to confirm their spots. If you are still looking to take the PSAT please contact College Board on opportunities available at other sites. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience and understanding with this matter. While we are problem solving, please fill out this form to be added to our wait list https://forms.gle/Zqh3EyHUpqYTym4r8
ACADEMICS/OPORTUNITIES/EVENTS/: Calling All Gamers! Do you want to compete on the official DJUSD Raptors eSports Team against some of the toughest schools in the state? The team is currently looking for Super Smash Bros. (Nintendo Switch) and League of Legends (PC) players to join the squad for the upcoming Fall Season. Grades 9-12 are eligible to participate. Tryouts will be held the week of September 20th. Official season begins September 27th. There will be a team informational meeting held Thursday September 16th@ 5:30pm via zoom<https://djusd-net.zoom.us/j/82952663634?pwd=MUNDbjhvYStkOUN4bk5TOVJKNmFNUT09> For any questions regarding the meeting or eSports, please contact Mr. McBurney at jmcburney at djusd.net
Junior state of America is holding their first informational meeting this Thursday at lunch. Come to L-14 to learn about JSA. America's largest student run political organization!
Teachers, on Homecoming week, during 4th period a door decorating contest will be taking place. Classes can decorate the doors to the HOCO theme and the class with the best design wins a prize. If you want your class to participate contact Mr. Vasquez ASAP.
Lifetouch Picture Distribution:
Pick up your Lifetouch pictures/proofs at lunch near the front office: Friday, September 17th Last Names P-Z
Lifetouch ID & Yearbook Pictures Re-take day is Tuesday, September 28, 2021 from 8:00 am-4:00 pm in the All Student Center on campus.
This is for:
ü  students who have not taken their picture
ü  students who want a re-take of their picture
ü  need an ASB card printed
CAREERS: Job opportunity:  Summer House group home for adults with disabilities is hiring high school students who are at least18 years old to assist residents with daily living skills, cooking, cleaning, laundry, social skills, and personal care.  Pay ranges from $14.50 - $16.50. Hours are flexible. To apply, contact Hailey Paulson at 530-564-4682 or email haileypaulson at summerhouseinc.org<mailto:haileypaulson at summerhouseinc.org>
Davis Senior High School's Career Center is open! Come to the Career Center (located in the All Student Center) during lunch, or email Julie Clayton at jclayton at djusd.net<mailto:jclayton at djusd.net> for help with college and career planning, scholarships, financial aid, job searches, volunteer opportunities, Naviance support, military options, summer programs and more!
If you want to learn more about a college you're interested in, join a virtual college visit!  Virtual visits offered at Davis High School this fall include UC Santa Barbara, UC San Diego, UCLA, Willamette, Reed, University of Oregon and more!  The college visit list is on the Career Center's webpage at https://dshs.djusd.net/counseling/career_center, or sign up on Naviance to receive the Zoom link 15 minutes prior to the presentation.
Important Dates
09/17-Friendship Day
09/18-Girls Volleyball Fall Classics-both gyms
09/24- Quarter 1 Progress Period Ends
09/28- Picture Make-up day

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of federal and/or state laws.