[DHS Bulletin] Davis Senior High School Daily Bulletin 05-28-2021

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at mailman.dcn.org
Thu May 27 15:30:49 PDT 2021

[cid:image006.png at 01D7530D.43BED8A0]
DAVIS SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
May 28, 2021

THIS DAY IN HISTORY: 1953 - The Walt Disney film "Melody" premiered in the Paramount Theatre in Hollywood. The picture was the first 3-D cartoon.
GAMES
Boys Water Polo vs Jesuit, 4:30JV/5:30V                           Dismissal 2:30JV
Girls Basketball vs St. Francis, 7:00V

YEARBOOKS: Yearbooks are available for purchase online, please follow this link: https://yearbookforever.com/
ACADEMICS/OPORTUNITIES/EVENTS/: There will be a mandatory graduation practice at the Ron and Mary Brown Stadium on:
Ceremony #1 graduates A-K: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 1:00-2:30 p.m.
Ceremony #2 graduates L-Z: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 3:00-4:30 p.m.
*ALL students must attend graduation practice in order to participate in the graduation ceremony and pick up their tickets.
Class of 2021- We are excited to celebrate your Senior and their accomplishments at our Davis Senior High School Class of 2021 Graduation Ceremonies! Below is specific information regarding our ceremonies.
Ceremony 1 will be held on Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 8:00 pm for Seniors whose last names begin with letters A-K.
Ceremony 2 will be held on Friday, June 11, 2021 at 8:00 pm for Seniors whose last names begin with letters L-Z.
[FREE MONEY!  Every time you take a Covid test, you get a stamp on your Super Tester card and a raffle ticket.    * 2 stamps = $10 gift card (trade in your stamped card on Fridays after 5th period in the quad)  * Raffle on June 7 for $500 Southwest gift card, Apple Air pods, a skateboard, or $100 in gift cards][cid:image009.png at 01D7530D.43BED8A0]

SENIORS-Today is the last day to pick up your Seal of Biliteracy award at DHS! You can pick it up in the main office, from 8:00 am-4:00 p.m. If you have any questions please email nserranomontoy at djusd.net<mailto:nserranomontoy at djusd.net>
All Ceramics students from 2020 and 2021 school years who had Seana Burke or Doug Wright as teachers need to come to the Ceramics Room and/or Kiln Cage to pick up your ceramic projects.  If not picked up they will be tossed on Friday June 11.
DAVIS SENIOR SUNDAY-Presented by Davis Grad Night Seniors:  Don't forget to check your DJUSD email for an Eventbrite invitation to register for your FREE ticket to Senior Sunday. You will need a ticket to enter (either paper or digital).  Advance registration helps us manage the event better, ensures you can go with your friend group, and makes check-in fast and easy. The invitation includes important information about the event so read the whole thing.
Parents: Event volunteers needed.  Sign up here to help celebrate our graduates during this important milestone:  https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050444a9a923a75-volunteers<https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.signupgenius.com%2Fgo%2F8050444a9a923a75-volunteers&data=04%7C01%7Cnserranomontoy%40djusd.net%7Cac009a770a5740c7eb3908d91c8f9b07%7Cffeaaba7f17b4005868826a67d89300a%7C1%7C0%7C637572225394231114%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=hrZX3pKL44HBGvZ%2B5PqXhzgCrQZ%2B7nd2JLNrrKfWQL4%3D&reserved=0>. Questions?  Contact info at davisgradnight.org<mailto:info at davisgradnight.org>. See you on June 6!
CAREERS: We congratulate the students who received a local community scholarship and wish them all the best in the future! To see the list of local scholarship recipients, click here. <file://Djusdfs02/djusd_schools$/Davis%20High/Teachers/DSHS_CareerCenter/SAN%20recipient%20info%20and%20certs/Recipient%20Names%20Congrats%20Bd%202021%20May.doc>
For more scholarship and financial aid opportunities, contact the career center or scholarship office at your college, where you will find a variety of resources for undergraduate students.
This years' Senior Awards Program will list the names of all scholarship, faculty and special Davis Senior High School award recipients.  The program will be posted on the Career Center's <https://dshs.djusd.net/counseling/career_center> webpage in June.
We wish all our graduating seniors well on their future journey.

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of federal and/or state laws.