[DHS Bulletin] Daily Bulletin 3/2/18

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Thu Mar 1 15:48:08 PST 2018

[Blue Devil]

Davis Senior High School
Daily Bulletin
     March 2, 2018

THIS DAY IN HISTORY: 1917 - Citizens of Puerto Rico were granted U.S.<http://www.on-this-day.com/us> citizenship with the enactment of the Jones Act.

MENU DHS:

  *   Breakfast Serve Daily:  Cereal w/Graham Cracker, Breakfast Pizza, Assorted Breakfast Sandwiches, Scones, Breakfast Burrito, Chicken & Cheese Quesadilla, Pancakes w/ Sausage, Assorted Muffins, Chicken & Biscuit Slider, Yogurt Parfait w/Graham Cracker.
  *   Grab & Go Hot Chocolate & Muffin & Fruit Cinnamon Rolls.

  *   Lunch: Chicken Burrito w/ Cilantro Lime Rice / Beef Cheesy Burrito w/ Cilantro Lime Rice / Bean  & Cheese Burrito w/ Cilantro Lime Rice.

TODAY:
Come to the Art for Cure meeting during lunch in L-27. We will be finalizing a design for our mural!

ATHLETICS:
Badminton vs Rodriguez, 4:00                                                                                                dismiss: 3:00
Boys Lacrosse vs Miramonte, 5:30JV/7:30V
Swim Team @ American River College, All-day                                                                  dismiss: TBA
Varsity Baseball @ Bellarmire, 2:30                                                                                   dismiss: TBA
Softball @ St. Mary's Tournament (JV), 3:30-7:30
Softball @ St. Mary's Tournament (V), 3:30

SAVE THE DATE! Annual Sports Physical Clinic Saturday, June 2nd - 8:30am-12noon.Sutter Davis Family Practice, 2030 Sutter Pl

 $20 benefits Davis High Athletics.

ACADEMICS/OPPORTUNITIES/EVENTS:

Seniors: Are you interested in giving a speech at the 2018 Graduation Ceremony?  Graduation speech applications are now available!  Please see Marlen Cabrera in the front office.  All applications are due by Friday, April 6, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. No late speeches will be accepted.

Spring Safety Week: Spring Safety Week will take place the week of March 5 - March 9, 2018.  Please remember that safety is everyone's responsibility.  For the safety of all involved, it is imperative that we practice with great fidelity the following safety protocols: Monday - AED/CPR, Tuesday - Fire Evacuation, Wednesday - Lockdown/Shelter in Place, Thursday - Earthquake and Friday - Teacher Down.

"Applications are now available from ATC students or in PA8 for the ATC 'So You Think You Can Dance' Competition scheduled for Saturday, April 7th at 7:00 pm in the IPAB.  Come dance the night away and win $150.  The deadline for applications is March 14th.

IMPORTANT DATES:
2/28 - 3/2   Catalina Island Marine Institute Trip
3/1     Secondary Articulation Day 1:30-3:30pm
3/3     Coconut Grove- DHS Bands
3/5-3/7 Choir Auditions