[DHS Bulletin] Daily Bulletin 2/14/18

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Tue Feb 13 15:19:01 PST 2018

[Blue Devil]

Davis Senior High School
Daily Bulletin
     February 14, 2018

THIS DAY IN HISTORY: 1849 - The first photograph of a U.S.<http://www.on-this-day.com/us> President, while in office, was taken by Matthew Brady in New York City. President was the subject of the picture.

MENU DHS:

  *   Breakfast Serve Daily:  Cereal w/Graham Cracker, Breakfast Pizza, Assorted Breakfast Sandwiches, Scones, Breakfast Burrito, Chicken & Cheese Quesadilla, Pancakes w/ Sausage, Assorted Muffins, Chicken & Biscuit Slider, Yogurt Parfait w/Graham Cracker.
            Grab & Go Hot Chocolate & Muffin & Fruit Cinnamon Rolls.

*         Lunch: Teriyaki Beef w/ Yakisoba Noodles & Veggies / Chicken Parmesan Sandwich w/ Cajun Fries.

Attention students:  If you have a free 1st, 6th, or 7th period, come spend your free period in the All Student Center!  It offers great seating, excellent lighting, and a fun place to eat!  Please remember to sign-in!  The ASC is also open every day after school until 4:30pm and serves an early breakfast starting at 7:45am.  Hope to see you there!
TODAY:
Hey Key Clubbers! We will be having our first general meeting in S-12 at lunch. We encourage all members to come because we will be voting for new officers!
Today is the due date for anyone planning on taking AP Art Studio next year. Take your portfolio to any art teacher on campus.
ATHLETICS:

FOOTBALL INFO MEETING Thurs, Feb. 15 @ 7pm, DHS Library. Meet the coaches and learn about the exciting upcoming season

SAVE THE DATE! Annual Sports Physical Clinic Saturday, June 2nd - 8:30am-12noon.Sutter Davis Family Practice, 2030 Sutter Pl

 $20 benefits Davis High Athletics.

ACADEMICS/OPPORTUNITIES/EVENTS:
Attention Graduating Senior and Senior Parents!  Have you purchased your Grad Night tickets yet? You are running out of time for the discounted price. Grad Night ticket prices are going up FEBRUARY 1ST!  Every graduating senior in Davis (Da Vinci, DSIS, King and DHS) is welcome to celebrate at this All-night, alcohol and drug-free party on Friday, June 8th from 9:30 pm- 5:00 am. Visit  davisgradnight.org<http://davisgradnight.org/>  to purchase tickets. Tickets are $75.00 until February 1st. Ticket includes all activities, food, and raffle entry. Please contact Brandi Lutzker at blutzker at aol.com<mailto:blutzker at aol.com> if you have questions about tickets.
Are you interested in learning about the many options of taking a Gap Year after graduating from high school?  Then please attend the Gap Year Fair on Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2018 from 6:00pm to 8:30pm at the Davis Veteran's Memorial Center. The Gap Year Fair is a FREE event, but due to limited space, students must preregister at  https://www.eventbrite.com/e/usa-gap-year-fair-2018-davis-ca-registration-39196666284 to attend.  This event is being hosted by the DHS PTA.
Attention Students! Open House is coming up Thursday February, 22nd  from 6-7pm. Please join us this will be a great opportunity for your parents to meet our staff and explore our different faculty departments. Hope to see you and your parents there!
CLUBS:
Spring Dance is coming up! It will be Friday, February 23rd from 8:30-11pm in the North Gym. The theme is "Luau" so make sure you wear something tropical! Tickets are free! Hope to see you there!

Hey Davis FFA! FFA week is coming up February 17th -24th , we will be having many fun events like Ag-Lympics with roping and corn role, a class Demonstration Day for agriculture classes and a petting zoo on Thursday and Friday. We will also be doing "Kiss the Pig" on Friday! There will be spirit days. Tuesday is Blue and Gold, Wednesday is Camo Day, Thursday is Western Day and Friday is Freedom Day.

Are you interested in local government and politics? Join Youth in Government and shadow Davis leaders like Mayor, Fire Chief, and more. Applications are in ASC 100, and there will be an informational meeting on Friday, February 16th at lunch, also in ASC 100.

Hey CSF! It's the last week to register for CSF. Bring your pink sheets, report card and last semester hour's sheet to P-13 during lunch. Hope to see you there! Don't wait until the last day! Registration ends this Friday!

IMPORTANT DATES:
2/14   LINK Crew Commissioner Meeting
2/15   Orchestra Outreach Concerts
2/16   Orchestra Outreach Concerts
2/17   Orchestra Outreach Concerts
2/17   Jazz Choir Cabaret-Concert Version
2/19   Holiday (Presidents Day)
2/22   OPEN HOUSE
2/28   The Gap Year Fair