[DHS Bulletin] Daily Bulletin 8/23/17

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Tue Aug 22 15:44:26 PDT 2017

Davis Senior High School
Daily Bulletin
     Wednesday 23, 2017

THIS DAY IN HISTORY:  1962- The first live TV program was relayed between the U.S. and Europe through the U.S. Telstar satellite.

DAILY EXPRESS MENU: Blue Devil Burger w/ Cajun Fries, BBQ Chicken Sandwich w/ Cajun Fries, Pasta Primavera. Cheese or pepperoni pizza, Charbroiled chicken Teriyaki over Brown Rice.

TODAY: Attention All Fall Sport Athletes enrolled in Independent Lifetime Sports: we will meet in the small gym today, during 7th period for attendance.

ATHLETICS: Interested in playing Blue Devil Basketball this winter? Pre-season workouts are beginning for both boys and girls basketball. This is not mandatory for team tryouts. You must complete the online sports registration and clearance in order to participate. Contact Varsity Boys Coach Gonzalez at dgonzalez at djusd.net<mailto:dgonzalez at djusd.net> or Varsity Girls Coach Highshoe at hhighshoe at djusd.net<mailto:hhighshoe at djusd.net>
Come support your Blue Devil Athletes as we began our Fall Sports Season! On Thursday, Frosh Football plays Whitney at 5:00. On Friday, Girls Volleyball plays Vacaville Christian at 5:00 JV & 6:00 Varsity and Football takes on Whitney at 5:00 JV & 7:15 Varsity. Go Blue Devils!

ACADEMICS/CAREERS/OPPORTUNITIES/EVENTS: The DHS car club will hold its first meeting at lunch on Thursday, August 24, in the auto shop classroom O-3. The DHS car club participates in the homecoming parade, takes an annual trip to a local go-cart track and host the DHS car show. This year the club is also forming a SkillsUSA chapter to improve our automotive and career skills. Any and all are welcome. Come to the first meeting and check it out!"

IMPORTANT DATES:
9/1    LINK Crew Meeting @ Lunchtime, South Gym
9/6    Collaboration schedule begins- late start/ schedule change
9/11  CSF Fall Registration, lunch time P-13
9/13  College Application Workshop @ lunch time, North & South Gyms
9/13   Last Day to Add/Drop a class
9/14   Back to School night @ 7pm, Brunelle Theatre
9/15   Friendship Day
9/18   CSF Fall Registration @ lunch time P-13
9/18   MIND Institute-ADHD Presentation 7:30pm-8:30pm, Brunelle Theatre
9/19   Blood Drive DSHS Campus, school hours
9/21   DSHS English Leaner Advisory 5:30pm, DSHS Library
9/22   CSF Fall Registration @ lunch time P-13
9/26   Picture Make-Up Day
9/27   LINK Crew Meeting @ Lunchtime, South Gym
9/28   UC College Workshop 7pm, Brunelle Theatre