[DHS Bulletin] Bulletin, Wednesday November 28

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Tue Nov 27 14:12:08 PST 2012

Davis Senior High School

Daily Bulletin

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

THIS DAY IN HISTORY

1983 - The space shuttle Columbia took off with the STS-9 Spacelab in its cargo bay.

ATHLETICS

JV/V Girls Basketball @ Pioneer                                                5:30JV/7:00V

LUNCH CHOICE:   Rice Bowl Day with Chicken, Beef or Tofu Teriyaki with fresh veggies over steamed local rice.

TODAY: The City of Davis will be displaying all submissions to our annual Photo Contests this Wednesday, November 28th, from 7-8:30 at the Davis Branch Library in the Community Room. Come out and support your fellow students Shannon Segall, who placed first in the Color Photo Category, Pooja Tripathi, who placed first in the Black and White Photo Category, and Neal Rock, who placed second in the Black and White Photo Category!

NEW
 Applications for the DHS Factor are available in Room C-4.  If you have a cool talent to share, make sure to get an application and turn it into C-4 by December 7th!

CSF Members!  We have another general meeting this upcoming Friday in Ms. O'Brien's room during lunch.  Also, don't forget that our yearbook photo will be taken next Tuesday, December 4.  We'll be meeting  in P-13 first.  Be sure to wear white!  We will see you then!

CONTINUED
Seniors:  Forgot to order your cap/gown/tassel, Graduation announcements or a class ring?  Make-up day ordering is Thursday, November 29th 2:15 to 3:30 in the quad. Extra ordering packets are available in the office.

Seniors!  Need money for college?  Come to the DHS Financial Aid Workshop on Thursday, November 29, at 7:00 pm in the IPAB.  At the workshop, you will learn about the many sources of student aid and how to complete financial aid applications.  All seniors and their parents are invited to attend. Come to the Career Center for more information.

On November 29 at lunch in Room S-5, the Teen Awareness Club will host guest speaker, Dr. Katherine Eastman, Assistant Chief of Pediatrics at Kaiser Davis to give a talk on "Stress Management for Exams and Life."  This talk is timely as finals are before Winter Break this year.  All students are welcome to attend!

Calling all dodge ball players! Applications to start your own dodge ball intra-mural team are available today in C-4.  Turn completed applications into C-4 by December 14!

If you are a young woman between 14 and 17 and have participated in volunteer efforts in your community or school, you may be eligible for the $1,000 Soroptomist International of Davis Violet Richardson Award.  Come to the Career Center for an application.  The deadline to apply is December 1.

IMPORTANT DATES:

11/29 - Financial Aid Workshop - 7:00 - Brunelle Performance Theater

12/8 - Junior Prom 9:00pm - North Gym, DHS

12/17 - 12/21 - Finals Week

12/24 - 1/4 - Winter Break

Helpful Links

Jostens (Caps, Gowns, etc.) - http://www.jostens.com/apps/catalog/customer/1003768/Davis-High-School/