[DHS Bulletin] Bulletin Monday, March 5

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Fri Mar 2 13:40:08 PST 2012

Davis Senior High School
Daily Bulletin
Monday, March 5, 2012
THIS DAY IN HISTORY
1922 - Phoebe Anne Oakley Mozee aka Annie Oakley, 'The Little Sure Shot of the Wild West' broke all existing records for women's trap shooting. She hit 98 out of 100 targets.

ATHLETICS
-Girls Badminton @ Wood                                                           3:30                        Dismissal: 2:15
-Boys Golf @ Lincoln HS Invitational Brookside CC             9:00                        All day
-Boys Volleyball @ Cosumnes Oaks                                         5:00
-Womens Soccer @ Dixon                                                            5:00JV/7:00V

TODAY
-For Lunch today we have Ginger Beef over local rice, Popcorn Chicken, mashed potatoes and corn, BBQ Pork Sandwich and the Soup is Tomato with cheezy bread stix

-AP sign-up begins today at lunch only on March 5th - 9th in the Large Conference Room.  Bring your student ID and $90. cash or check payable to Davis Senior High School.  Test dates are May 7th-18th.  On March 8th, sign-ups will after school until 1:30 (due to Articulation Schedule.)  If any student feels this is a financial burden, please see your counselor immediately.

-If you applied for the yearbook staff you MUST sign up for an interview. Please stop my C-3 and sign up with Mrs. Thomsen ASAP or you will not be able to join the class. You can email her at KThomsen at djusd.net<mailto:KThomsen at djusd.net> for more info.

NEW
-There will be a Blue Devil Diving Parent/Athlete meeting Thursday, March 8 at 6:00 pm in A-3.  This is for boys and girls and for more information, you can contact Girls Swim Coach Doug Wright at dwright at djusd.net<mailto:dwright at djusd.net>.

-Yo Yo Yo!  Friendship Day permission slips are due by Thursday, March 8th.  Get them to the blue Friendship Day box at the Front Desk by then, Blue Crew!

-This Thursday, March 8 will be an Articulation Schedule as follows:
Period 1               7:45   -  8:26
Period 3               8:32   -  9:52
Break                    9:52   -  9:56
Period 5               10:02 - 11:22
Period 7               11:28 - 12:48

CONTINUED
-AP Art Studio Acceptance list for 2012-13 has been posted in all art rooms!

-Do you enjoy art?  Please come to the High School AP Art Exhibit, upstairs at the Pence Gallery on D Street.  The exhibit is open through March 25th with a reception on March 9 at 6:00 pm.  The exhibit features amazing art by DHS and Da Vinci art students!

-Still deciding where to go after high school?   Up for a fun trip with friends?    The City of Davis is sponsoring the SoCal Safari for a tour of 6 Southern California Universities including UCLA and UCSB.  The trip runs from April 9 - April 12 and the cost is $490.00.  For more information, visit www.davisteenscene.org<http://www.davisteenscene.org/>.

The Davis High PTA is seeking parent volunteers to serve on its board next year.
PTA positions opened are: treasurer, auditor, parliamentarian and secretary.
We have many returning Board members next year who can lend support if needed to anyone who is
interested but may be feeling as though they don't have the background in a certain position.
We need to fill these spots ASAP so please contact Colleen Costello-Kreidler, Davis High PTA Parliamentarian at
cck90 at att.net<mailto:cck90 at att.net>