[DHS Bulletin] Monday Dec 5 Bulletin

DHS Daily Bulletin dhsbulletin at velocipede.dcn.davis.ca.us
Fri Dec 2 13:17:02 PST 2011

Davis Senior High School
Daily Bulletin
Monday December 3, 2011

THIS DAY IN HISTORY -December 5, 1945 - A fourteen man aircraft squadron and a thirteen man rescue ship disappear in the Bermuda Triangle and were never recovered.

ATHLETICS -
Davis Ladies Rugby Club-Are you competitive? Want to have fun and make friends? Then join the Davis Ladies Rugby Club! Practices are Mondays, Wednesday's and Thursday's from 4:30-6:30 at the field by North Davis elementary school. No experience is necessary. Bring comfortable exercise clothes, running shoes or cleats. Email Davisladyrugby at yahoo.com<mailto:Davisladyrugby at yahoo.com>.  Be ready to tackle!

-DHS Track & Field -All 9th-12th graders are welcome. We will meet Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays, 3:50pm at the track. Warm-up begins at 4pm. We will be done between 5-5:30pm. Please contact Coach Elliott for more information at www.dhstrack.com<http://www.dhstrack.com>

TODAY
-For Lunch: Today we are having Teriyaki Chicken with Farm Fresh Vegetables over Organic Rice, or Sweet and Sour Meatball over Local Organic Rice, or Freshly Baked Chicken with Corn on the Cob.

-UNICEF - Come to the Davis UNICEF club meeting today in room L-23. We will be discussing a new project and there will be food. Together we can change the world!

-Did you know that hundreds of children are captured and forced to become child-soldiers each year? If you would like to help stop this, come to the Invisible Children's Club today at lunch in room L-28, above the library. There will be food!

NEW
-Davis High School is holding its first Mini-College Fair! Colleges from across the country will be on the quad at lunch on Tuesday, December 6 to provide information and answer questions about their college. Come to the quad at lunch on Tuesday to find out more about colleges you may be interested in!

Hi Seniors! Another chance to buy your paperless ticket for Davis Grad Night 2012 is this Tuesday Dec 6 at lunch time in the quad. It's easy! Simply go to the website, print out a form, fill it out, and bring a $75 check, made payable to "Davis Grad Night". Then visit the Grad Night ticket sales table. We will have extra forms at table. You will not want to miss the Grad Night event on June 8! Prices go up to $90 after December 31.  An email confirmation will be sent after purchase; no tickets will be issued. Or use U.S. mail anytime: - Pop the form and $75 check into a stamped envelope and mail to: Davis Grad Night Paperless Tickets, P.O. Box 2143 Davis, CA  95617.
To learn more about Grad Night 2012 or have ticket questions?  Visit www.davisgradnight.org<http://www.davisgradnight.org/>

-Holiday Grams- Spread some holiday cheer! Holiday Grams are available with Christmas, Hanukah and non-denominational messages. A standard gram costs $2.50 and includes a mini candy cane. A deluxe gram with fuzzy toe socks costs $5.00, or Buy FIVE deluxe grams for $20.00. All grams will be hand delivered by Santa and the elves.

-The Car club meeting will be in the auto shop classroom this Tuesday at lunch! Hope to see you there.

-French Students - The Davis Joint Unified French Teachers are pleased to announce our second student/parent information night for the Davis Dole French Exchange. This is a private exchange program between Davis students and high school students from Dole, France. Our Davis group would plan to depart in June 2012, the week after school ends. We would visit Paris for Four (4) days and then have a 9-day home stay with a French language partner's family in Dole. Then, in October 2012, the French group would come to Davis to stay with our Davis families for approximately two weeks. Cultural and academic activities will be planned. A minimum of French 3 completion is required by June 2012. Please join us on Monday December 12, 2011 at 7:30pm for a slideshow, former exchange student's testimonials, and a Q & A session for the Davis Dole Exchange Program. Applications will be available.

CONTINUED
-AP-ART STUDIO- Any students interested in taking AP-ART STUDIO next year should attend the informational meeting at Lunch on Friday, Dec 9th in room A-1. You MUST apply to get into AP-ART STUDIO!

-CHiPS for Kids Toy Drive- Make a Child Happy this season! Bring a new, unwrapped toy to the DHS Front office Toy Drive Barrel today thru December 16th. Toys will be delivered to the children just before the holidays.

-Junior Prom is Dec 10th.  You can pick-up dance contracts in Room C-4. Guests are required to fill out a guest pass.

-Seniors:  Show all your fellow classmates how cute you were as a kindergartner! Bring in a wallet sized (2x3) photo for the Kindergarten Wall at Grad Night. Drop box is located at the DHS Front Desk.

- If you would like to have your club or group photo featured in the Yearbook, you must fill out a form. Go to dhsyearbook.wordpress.com to download the form. For more information, come to room A-7 during 5th period or to room C-3 to see Mrs. Thomsen.

IMPORTANT DATES:
- December 7                                      No General PTA meeting
- December 19 - January 2                 Winter Break