[Dhsbb-symph] Mr. Slabaugh's return

Thomas Slabaugh tslabaugh at djusd.net
Sun Oct 6 18:00:32 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I want to write you all and tell you that I will be in the classroom tomorrow and, hopefully, every day for the rest of the year. I have been blessed and humbled by the many well wishes, kind thoughts, outreach, get well cards and presents I have received during my time away. These extremely kind gestures have been very important to me in my recovery.

I do want to share with you all that I have lingering health issues following my cancer diagnoses and treatment. I will not be fully "up to speed" for some time, both physically and emotionally, but am well enough to spend time with your wonderful kids, my cherished students. I have sincerely missed you all, but I am climbing the walls at home and I need to regain a sense of normalcy in my life. I also will have many upcoming medical appointments in the future, so please be patient with me during the next several months.

Finally, I want to extend a very public thank you to the DHS Band Boosters. They have worked very hard to make sure all band students have had as rewarding a year as possible under these unusual circumstances. One way you could help them serve all band students is by volunteering to help this great organization. Donations and fundraising are necessary and quite appreciated, but we also need people to help do a variety of tasks throughout the year. As the adage goes, "Many hands make for light work" and, coincidentally, we need several hands to help with Homecoming this week (see below). Please sign up on the band boosters email list serve so you can receive information on the latest ways you can help all of the kids in the band program.

Again, many thanks to you all for your care and kindness.

Mr. Slabaugh

Hello Band Parents!

We are in need of some volunteers next Friday, 10/11/19:

Homecoming Parade Downtown:

We are looking for (4) parent volunteers to walk / chaperone the band in the downtown Davis parade:

  *   The parent will meet at the band room (PA3) at noon on 10/11
  *   They will walk / chaperone with the band as they head downtown to central park.
  *   They will walk / chaperone with the band as they participate in the parade and head back to the school.
  *   The whole thing should be over by 3 pm.

Varsity Football Game:

We are also looking for (2) additional parent volunteers (we have 2 already) to help chaperone the pep band for the varsity football game:

  *   The parent will meet at the band room (PA3) at 7 pm on 10/11
  *   The parent will walk with the pep band from the band room to the football stadium.
  *   The parent will sit with the pep band during the game in the stadium, watch instruments when required, and be available for assistance if required.

As always, we would greatly appreciate your time!

If you can make it, please contact Brett Barnes at brett.a.barnes at comcast.net<mailto:brett.a.barnes at comcast.net>.

Thanks much!

Brett

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of federal and/or state laws.