[Dhsbb-jazz] Delta Jazz Festival

Robert Sprague robertpaulsprague at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 23:04:48 PST 2016

Hi Jazz Band Parents:

Once again I’m doing my late night e-mailing of information.  As you
probably know the Jazz Band and one Combo will be performing at the Delta
Jazz Festival this Saturday, Dec. 3rd.  The festival is held at the Delta
Center for the Arts at Delta College in Stockton.  Here is the Google Map
link  https://goo.gl/maps/ucscGPKbsSs.  Please share this link with your
students as well.

Mr. Slabaugh sent an information package earlier that I have attached to
this e-mail.  Some distilled information is:

·         Everyone is to arrive at the DHS Band Room at 8:00am on Saturday

·         We will leave by 8:30am on Saturday and drive to the Atherton
Auditorium https://goo.gl/maps/ucscGPKbsSs

·         Students need to dress in black shoes, black socks, black slacks,
the blue Jazz Band Shirt, and the Jazz Band Tie

·         Students will be given wrist bands for admission to the festival

·         Accompanying adults will need to pay $10 for the wrist band

·         Students should either bring a lunch or money for lunch.  There
is a Subway, Chipotle, and Ono Hawaiian BBQ across the street.

·         Students are responsible for their music, instruments, mutes,
chords, etc.  Please have your student carefully read the information from
Mr. Slabaugh regarding what is required for the rhythm section.

·         After the Jazz Band performance we will be returning to try and
get kids back in time for Wi Ball.

This festival was a great learning experience and a lot of fun last year
and should be this year as well.

Thank you,

Robert Sprague