[Dhsbb-jazz] DHS Band Boosters Bylaw Edits - for comment

Horn, John A john.a.horn at intel.com
Thu May 5 20:19:58 PDT 2016

Good Evening Everyone,
We are about to post to the band booster web site (www.dhsbandboosters.com<http://www.dhsbandboosters.com>) the file which contains the proposed bylaw changes.
Please take a look at them, and send me any feedback or change recommendations.
We will vote to approve them at the next band booster meeting in the beginning of June.

There are two main changes that are being implemented.

1.       Is the removal of all language associated with Student Accounting or Student Accounts.  That is no longer being done, and hasn't been for a while.

2.       The term of office for the officers is changing from the night of the Annual mtg to July 1st of the year.

a.       This is mainly because taking over at the June annual mtg doesn't make much sense since the year isn't quite over yet.

b.      And it resolves the issue of an incoming sophomore parent who wants to be an officer but can't be elected at that meeting because their student isn't officially a 10th grader yet.  They would have to wait until after the end of school to have the elections, which doesn't align with the annual mtg.
So please take a look and send me any comments.

Thanks much,
~JAH