[Dhsbb-jazz] Reno Jazz Festival information

Wesley Young wryoung at ucdavis.edu
Mon Apr 25 16:41:19 PDT 2016

Here is updated information for the Trip to Reno from Robert Sprague 916 825-8104<tel:916%20825-8104> mobile robertpaulsprague at gmail.com<mailto:robertpaulsprague at gmail.com>

The Jazz Festival map is at http://groups.dcn.org/dhsbandboosters/download-forms-information/RJF_Map.pdf/document.pdf
We will be leaving DHS at about 4:00pm (Please be at the band room by 3:00.  If everyone is ready to go earlier than 4:00 we will depart earlier.) and going to Circus Circus, 500 North Sierra Street, Reno, NV https://goo.gl/maps/ZrQVVkQ4tWA2
When we arrive at Circus Circus Robert Sprague will check us in, distribute room keys and we can go to dinner.  There are several restaurants in the hotel a couple of them are very affordable.  Please check them out at http://www.circusreno.com/restaurants/default.aspx.
All students to be in rooms by 10:00pm
Friday we will be getting up EARLY!!!
Breakfast will be at 6:00am at either Main Street Deli or Americana Café in the Hotel.  Students and Chaperones will be paying for breakfast on their own.

Check out and leave the hotel by 6:45 and head to University of Nevada at Reno.  Map of the festival can be found at http://www.unr.edu/rjf/pdfs/RJF_Map.pdf.  Friday Festival Parking is at the West Stadium Parking Complex.  https://goo.gl/maps/VUum3Xx4omu

The Festival website is http://www.unr.edu/rjf/

There is a Festival Guidebook App available at https://guidebook.com/getit/ or search for “Guidebook” in Apple iTunes, Google Play Store, or Amazon app store.

 Schedule at UNR is:

Combo III

Warm-Up Time:  07:35 AM
Performance Time:  08:00 AM
Feedback Time:  08:25 AM

Combo II

Warm-Up Time:  08:25 AM
Performance Time:  08:50 AM
Feedback Time:  09:15 AM

Combo I

Warm-Up Time:  9:15 AM
Performance Time:  9:40 AM
Feedback Time:  10:05 PM

Jazz Band

Warm-Up Time:  11:15 AM
Performance Time:  11:45 AM
Feedback Time:  12:15 PM

Shortly after this we will return to Davis.

The cost of the rooms is $45 per each student and $45 per chaperone room.  Please make checks payable to Davis High School Band Boosters and have them turned in no later than the day of departure but preferably sooner.

Tom Slabaugh will be sending out Field Trip Authorization Forms with the Students on Monday 4/24/2016.

Thank you,