[Dhsbb-jazz] Fwd: Spring Greetings from SFJAZZ

tslabaugh at djusd.net tslabaugh at djusd.net
Mon Apr 25 16:29:01 PDT 2016

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Erin Putnam" <eputnam at sfjazz.org<mailto:eputnam at sfjazz.org>>
To: "Erin Putnam" <eputnam at sfjazz.org<mailto:eputnam at sfjazz.org>>
Subject: Spring Greetings from SFJAZZ

Dear music educator,

We hope that your spring semester is going well, and that your students and ensembles are in great shape for all of the upcoming spring festivals, competitions, and end-of-year concerts.

SFJAZZ Education would like to let you know about one of the ways that your musicians can keep their skills sharp over the summer: SFJAZZ Free Summer Workshops<https://www.sfjazz.org/education/community> for teens.  With four 4-hour workshops in San Francisco as well as the East Bay, musicians from middle school through high school can focus in on a different topic each time, and drill down with great local faculty.  All that is required is an RSVP!

​We are also holding auditions for the 2016-17 SFJAZZ High School All-Stars August 18th through 21st.  Those sign-ups go live on our website<https://www.sfjazz.org/education/hsas> May 1st, so please make sure your musicians know about this fun opportunity to play with their peers from all over the Bay Area.​

Lastly, we would like to offer you and a guest complimentary tickets to come see the 2015-16 All-Stars perform their final concert at SFJAZZ Center on May 15th!  This 7:30pm show will feature the big band as well as the combo playing some of their own originals, SFJAZZ Collective repertoire, and a world premiere by All-Stars alumnus Remy Le Boeuf; please RSVP to me by May 11th to claim your tickets.

As always, please feel free to be in touch with questions or info regarding your programs.  We value the opportunity to learn more about your work and the talented players we all share!

All the best,

Erin Putnam

--
Erin Putnam, Ensemble Coordinator
SFJAZZ / 201 Franklin Street / San Francisco, CA 94102

[cid:EDD676E1-1E78-42E1-AC8D-5F2E5ADCB820]

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of federal and/or state laws.