[Dhsbb-jazz] A jazz camp to consider...

tslabaugh at djusd.net tslabaugh at djusd.net
Tue Jan 27 12:15:39 PST 2015

Hi all,

We are fortunate to live in a location where there is access to a number of very fine music camps, including UOP, Cazadero, Silver Lake, Donner Mine, and Stanford to name a few. However, while at the Folsom Jazz Festival last weekend, I found this brochure of a really exciting camp located in Western Washington that you might want to consider.

Why, you might ask?

Well, it combines a lovely location (at the best time of year to visit) with a phenomenal staff. Located at the decommissioned Fort Warden Army base, this camp is one of the camp that has students from some of the best high school jazz programs in the nation. Perennial Essentially Ellington finalists Garfield High School (Seattle, WA), Roosevelt High School (Seattle, WA), Mt. Si High School (Snoqualmie, WA), and Edmonds-Woodway High School (Edmonds, WA) are involved in this camp that has a very outstanding staff.

I hope you consider this camp as another great Summer option for your student.

Mr. S

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of federal and/or state laws.