[Dhsbb-jazz] Honor Band Results

tslabaugh at djusd.net tslabaugh at djusd.net
Wed Jan 7 09:45:56 PST 2015

Hi all,

I want to send my sincere congratulations to the following students who auditioned for and were accepted into two of the three honor bands we participate in, both at the regional and state level. Results for the third honor band (Northern California Band and Choir Directors Association Honor Band, representing school musicians from all 27 California counties north of Sacramento and Amador counties.) are pending and will be published sometime next week. I will post the results when they are available.

California Music Educators Association, Capitol Section Honor Band (This is all school musicians in Yolo, Sacramento, Amador, El Dorado, and Placer counties)

Flute: Linda Su
Clarinet: Natalie Wheeler, Timothy Kim
Trumpet: Jessica Block
Horn: Hannah Richter

Their performance will be held this coming Saturday, January 10th, at the Sheldon High School Performing Arts Center, beginning at 3:30pm. Everyone is invited to attend!

California Band Directors Association, All-State Honor Band (This is all school musicians in the state of California and is considered one of the finest honor bands in the nation. Over 1,600 musicians from throughout California audition for this band with about 300 musicians being accepted.)

Clarinet: Natalie Wheeler
Trumpet: Jessica Block

These two students will have a live, blind audition on Thursday, February 20th, in order to determine which of the three honor bands they will be admitted into for their concert. Students then rehearse on Thursday evening, Friday (all-day), and Saturday for half the day (before the performance of the Wind Symphony). These students then perform a full l hour-long concert of some wonderful music before a full house in the 2,500 seat Saroyan Theater in Fresno. The conductors for these bands are some of the finest from through the United States and this is a wonderful event for our students!

Everyone is invited to attend these concerts. They are free of charge and will begin the evening of the date listed below. More information can be found at www.CBDA.org

Saturday February 21, 2015

  *   CBDA All State High School Wind Symphony - John Carnahan, Conductor

Sunday February 22, 2015

  *   CBDA All State High School Concert Band - Shannon Kitelinger, Conductor
  *   CBDA All State High School Symphonic Band - Kevin Sedatole, Conductor

Please extend to each of these students your congratulations for their hard work and dedication to music as they represent Davis Senior High School at these wonderful events. I am very proud of their work and they will do us all a great honor to share music making with so many other musicians.

Mr. Slabaugh

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of federal and/or state laws.