[1st-mile-nm] US Feds to increase costs for access to Federal Land for broadband

Nan Rubin nanrubin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 12:06:55 PST 2021

At the beginning of this year, the legislative session approved a
multi-million dollar allocation for a centralized broadband office, to
coordinate all these disparate interests and getting broadband deployed,
coordinating grant applications to ensure that there won't be a lot of
competition among municipalities, and so we know who's applying for what,
and to prioritize where services need to go and direct resources in two
into those areas. That was nearly a year ago. Do we know if this office has
been set up, and has a broadband czar been named to the state of New
Mexico? I haven't seen anything about it down here in Las Cruces, no news
whether this has been put in place or whatever. So please tell us Richard,
do you know if this is going on so we can make our positions known? Thanks
much! When I saw that the money had been allocated by the state to set up
the broadband coordinating office, I was hoping it would get established
pretty quickly. Here it is a year later and no news. Maybe we need to keep
making noise to make sure that this gets done as soon as possible?... 0
best to everyone for the new year! Nan Ruben