[1st-mile-nm] Intro and pole attachment question

Harris, Brian, PRC Brian.Harris at state.nm.us
Tue Dec 15 13:16:52 PST 2020

?Brian Harris here.  I think I know a fair number of people on this list, having worked in telecom regulation for many years.  Currently I work for the NM Public Regulation Commission advising Chairperson Fischmann.

I've been reading through the FCC's 2018 R&O Infrastructure and it's had me thinking about pole attachment law and policy and wondering if current law is impeding deployment of additional high speed internet (broadband) infrastructure.  Have there been access issues?  Make ready issues?  Trouble finding ownership of the facility?

I'd also be interested in hearing about other infrastructure deployment issues that might be impeding the roll out of ubiquitous broadband.

Brian Harris?
505-216-8569