[1st-mile-nm] CityLink is hiring

John Brown john at citylinkfiber.com
Wed Oct 21 10:54:01 PDT 2020

Hello 1st Mile'rs:
I checked with Richard and he was ok with me posting this to the list.

CityLink has seen decent growth over the past year and as such we are
looking for
some additional team members.   I recently acquired a 8800 sqft
commercial building that
we are going to remodel into our new home and a data center.  This
building is PAID FOR.! :)
Which is a good fiscal position to be in.

Brief background:  CityLink provides broadband services via both fiber
and fixed wireless.
We also provide internet access in our remote pops (LAX, SJC, ASH,
MIA, LHR, GRU).
Yes, CityLink is a multi-national service provider with headquarters
in Albuquerque, NM !!
We currently provide internet transit to many other ISP's and are
providing links as fast as
40Gb/s to other ISP's.  Recently we quoted an ISP customer 100Gb/s
internet transit link.

We are looking for the following positions:

Office Manager:  Will handle all things relating to managing and
running the business office.
This includes A/R, A/P, Payroll, Scheduling, Ordering from vendors,
Interacting with customers
on billing / payment issues.  Solid people skills are needed, solid
Quickbooks and Internet skills are also needed.  This position is a
combo work in office, work from home.  Must be based in the general
ABQ area.  This is a trust position and will require a background
check.

Customer Support:  We have several shifts available, and this is a
work from home with limited work in the office hybrid.  Generally you
are a swiss army knife and are able to help resolve customer issues,
be them technical or billing.   You must have EXCELLENT people skills,
analytical (troubleshooting) skills and patience in working with
customers.  You must have
solid networking skills (tcpip, routers, switches, etc)

Field Tech: We are in need of field techs.  You will be
installing/repairing broadband services via wireless or fiber.  You
will visit people's homes or businesses.  Excellent people skills,
take high pride in doing a class-A job on installing the services.
Able to climb and work at height, lift at least 50 lbs, have
experience with various tools of the trade, TIA 568 standards, etc.
If you are a certified tower climber, that is a plus.  We pay a
differential for all tower climbing work.  This is a trust position
and thus you must pass a background check, and have NO DUI/DWI events
for at least the last 5 years.  Clean drivers record is required.  You
must supply your own basic tools, we will supply custom / specialty
tools as needed.

There is a lot more details for each of the above positions.  We would
love to chat with New Mexicans that are seriously interested.  We do
have a few rules that need to be followed.
Hint: if you don't follow them we will ignore you.

1. DO NOT CALL OUR OFFICE.
2. DO NOT EMAIL ME DIRECTLY
3. Send your cover letter / resume to jobs at citylinkfiber.com (PDF
only, NO word NO HTML)
4. NO AGENCY FEES WILL BE PAID.

We have some other positions (network engineer, linux server admin,
etc) that will become available soon.

--
Respectfully,

John Brown, CISSP
Managing Member, CityLink Telecommunications NM, LLC