[1st-mile-nm] IPv6 in New Mexico

John Brown john at citylinkfiber.com
Sun Dec 7 23:10:30 PST 2014

I've been looking at websites and DNS data for popular NM based sites.

This ranges from the State of New Mexico, Various Counties, Cities,
UNM, NMSU, various local ISP's and general business sites.

The results:

Just about zero public facing adoption of IPv6.

The following have no public visible IPv6 address for these FQDN's
www.state.nm.us
www.bernco.gov
www.cabq.gov
www.ci.rio-rancho.nm.us
www.unm.edu
www.nmsu.edu
www.cnm.edu
www.lobo.net
www.swcp.com
www.cybermesa.com
www.vergefund.com
www.abqjournal.com

ARIN only has 9 million IPv4 addresses left, and they are quite
difficult to get these days.
IANA is exhausted.

IPv6 is critical.   The above should be leaders and should have active
IPv6 sites.
Its not that hard to actually implement..

What can we do to help get our State one of the best IPv6 connected states ??