[1st-mile-nm] Santa Fe CIP High Speed Internet Project

John Brown john at citylinkfiber.com
Thu Mar 27 12:16:40 PDT 2014

This is a waste of tax payer money.

I will not cost a million dollars to build two miles of fiber.

I just built 1 mile of fiber in downtown ABQ and it cost us less than $100,000

I have a 7 mile project in final stages of client approval and that is
only $600,000.

Those numbers include everything to light up the fiber and start
serving customers.

Both of the above projects have at least 144 strand fiber cable, and a
16 channel CWDM system.
A 40 channel DWDM system would add a small cost and not double the cost.

Also, the Abq "GigaPop" relied heavily on the now DEFUNCT National Lambda Rail.
Internet 2 (I2) has a strict policy of not allowing commercial traffic.

It will also be interesting to see if litigation comes of this deal
because now the State via this MOU will be providing transport
services and thus competing against any number of existing private
sector companies.  I'm reliably informed that there is a case ready to
be filed against the City and the State....

Will the state be paying USF fees to the Federal Gov for its transport
services ??
If not, then won't this create an economic disadvantage for existing providers.