[1st-mile-nm] Just wondering.... nmfirst.org

John Brown john at citylinkfiber.com
Tue Jul 31 07:06:53 PDT 2012

Why would an entity that is about putting New Mexico FIRST (as implied by its name), make use of NON New Mexico resources and vendors.

For example, its website is hosted OUT OF STATE, in what appears to be New York.   Reminds me of those salsa ad's.  ;)

Are we saying that NM infrastructure is so subpar that there isn't a single hosting company IN NEW MEXICO that could reliably host such a site ?

I hope not, because I know of at least several service providers that could and do, do a great job.

How about LOBO.NET.
Locally owned, supplies both metro and rural parts of our state with connectivity, AND THEY HOST things like the International Balloon Fiesta.  I heard they get millions of hits a day during Fiesta week.    Seems like they could do it.

How about SWCP (Southwest Cyber Port)
Locally owned, built out their own hosting data room with generator, hvac, security, and decent connectivity. They've been hosting sites large and small for over a decade.  Seems like they could do it.

How about any number of folks located within the BigByte or OSO Grande data centers ???  Also, locally owned and operated.

The point here is that if we are going to spend money and time (which is also a form of money) to improve our state, er  Make it FIRST, then we need to start at the ground level and make it FIRST to use the resources IN OUR STATE, well before we go out of state.

You can't improve the State without keeping the dollars here.  Making it worthwhile for people to build and develop a business plan HERE.

Just wondering…….