[1st-mile-nm] FCC approves CenturyLink, Qwest merger with conditions

peter baston pete at ideapete.com
Wed Mar 23 15:14:08 PDT 2011

Its here from the " National "sic plan although its a future goal so dvide
by year and political willpower

http://newamerica.net/publications/policy/broadband_speeds_in_perspective

http://www.broadband.gov/

*The U.S. National Broadband Plan sets a goal of 4 Mbps downloads (1Mbps
upload) by 2020, which, by comparison is a minimum of a half-decade later
and often substantially slower than other countries. The concomitant goal of
100 Mbps access for 100 million households by 2020 would cover an estimated
74-76% of the population.[25]<http://newamerica.net/publications/policy/broadband_speeds_in_perspective#_ftn25>
10
years ago, the United States was a leader in broadband penetration; however,
the latest OECD ranks the U.S. 15th, behind France, Sweden, Canada, and a
dozen other countries.[26]<http://newamerica.net/publications/policy/broadband_speeds_in_perspective#_ftn26>As
our research clearly documents, even if the U.S. achieves its current
broadband speed targets by 2020, unless it substantially raises its
broadband goals, the country will remain substantially behind many other
countries. *

Why is this a too low Junk speed,   simple speeds are measured in megabits
and storage in Megabytes ( 8 bits in a byte ) so the true target for 9 years
out is .5 megabyte per second down and .125 megabyte up which I am sure is
what the target in the FCC and agreement plan defines although today who
knows, cocombinet goal is per price fluctuaion so they wil not be giving you
100 mps / 12.5 megabytes per second at $10 a month in the future or today.

The Jetsons must be laughing their heads of and thank goodness for smart
wireless and Steve Jobs

For those of you who are interested this is what we missed 10 years ago
http://www.ideapete.com/leapfrog.html and why the smoke and mirrors with
speeds http://www.ideapete.com/megaBS.html

( : ( : pete

Pete Baston
IDEAS  "I"  Quality Assurance - Due Diligence
www.ideapete.com
Cell: 303-579-6531
Mailto:pete at ideapete.com