[1st-mile-nm] Cable Channel Moves to Albuquerque

Richard Lowenberg rl at 1st-mile.com
Wed Jan 7 17:14:02 PST 2009

www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6627390.html

ReelzChannel Relocates To Land Of Enchantment

Network moving from Minneapolis-St. Paul to Albuquerque.

By Marisa Guthrie -- Broadcasting & Cable, 1/7/2009 4:26:00 PM

ReelzChannel, the network for movie buffs, is moving its corporate headquarters
from snowy Minneapolis-St. Paul to Albuquerque, New Mexico, the network
announced Wednesday.

The move will commence immediately and the network expects to be up and running
by May. ReelzChannel, which is owned by Hubbard Media Group, also owns a TV
station in Albuquerque -- NBC affiliate KOB-TV. KOB was instrumental in getting
ReelzChannel Chairman and CEO Stan E. Hubbard interested in the idea of
relocating to business-friendly New Mexico. ReelzChannel is the first TV
network to move there.

?We are excited to welcome ReelzChannel to New Mexico and into our state?s
thriving television and film industry,? Governor Bill Richardson said in a
statement. ?The network?s decision to relocate operations to New Mexico is
a testament to the hard work we?ve put into making our state a world-class
production destination. We look forward to growing that reputation through this
new partnership.?

ReelzChannel, with its tag line "TV About Movies," should find plenty of
programming fodder right in its new backyard.

Richardson has made movie and TV production a priority during his
administration. And the state is home to myriad film festivals and has been
home to dozens of film and TV productions including the latest iterations of
the Indiana Jones and Transformers franchises as well as 3:10 to Yuma and No
Country for Old Men.

"Joining New Mexico's thriving film and television industry creates exciting
opportunities for our fast growing network dedicated to TV About Movies,?
said Hubbard in a statement.  "We have witnessed remarkable efforts by the
Governor and the New Mexico Film Office to quickly rally strong public and
private support, and we are confident the move will benefit New Mexico by
contributing new jobs that will help to solidify this new entertainment
stronghold.?

The move will consolidate ReelzChannel's programming, production, web
development, creative services, marketing and communications divisions under
the same proverbial roof for the first time. Advertising sales will remain in
New York City, Chicago, and Los Angeles, and a Los Angeles bureau will be
established for coverage of major entertainment and movie stories and events.

ReelzChannel is available in more than 43 million homes via cable and satellite
including Direct TV and DISH.

--
Richard Lowenberg
1st-Mile Institute